Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

@Jon

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

@Jon

Post by Slash on 2013-07-16, 21:04

That thread wasn't a bad idea. It was actually just so people could confess some stuff and get it off their chests, I thought it would help, you can't be serious though about locking the thread just cause some kid posted a picture of a moth after hearing about your phobia. It's the freaking internet, anyone can view that information and start sending you pics of moths, if you are really that affected , don't share then? Oh and that last line, "Locked for the protection of our members" More like for the protection of yourself man, i'm sure the people know anyone can read it and they'll post accordingly Anyways i'm bad at making points, so i'll just say it. You locked my thread for no valid reason. :/

Requesting Unlock.

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Re: @Jon

Post by James on 2013-07-16, 21:07

I thought it was a bit of an unneeded lock too. 

Some threads are just being locked for the fun of it these days.
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor on 2013-07-16, 21:24

Rofl, Jamie I love you

Support for unlock. All you needed to do was remove the moth pictures from Y6R's thread/just lock it (which you did) and not Slash's. If you must have done anything to that thread, it would have been to remove your own post revealing your phobia.

Irrational fear does not justify irrational behaviour Razz
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2013-07-16, 21:41

Your argument is kind of self defeating. "It's the freaking internet, anyone can view that information". Surely that's an argument for locking the topic? Having such a topic means that a confession of private information is more accessible and therefore tempting. Since anyone can access this, not only are you at risk from someone within the community using that information against you, but you're also releasing personal and private information to anyone who happens across it surfing the internet.
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2013-07-16, 21:47

Jon wrote:Your argument is kind of self defeating. "It's the freaking internet, anyone can view that information". Surely that's an argument for locking the topic? Having such a topic means that a confession of private information is more accessible and therefore tempting. Since anyone can access this, not only are you at risk from someone within the community using that information against you, but you're also releasing personal and private information to anyone who happens across it surfing the internet.
    Everyone has a choice to release the information, they should know the consequences of doing so.
    You're forgetting the main point ^^

Its okay though, I'm bad at arguing and not going to try any further, leave it locked if you really think it's effecting our community

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2013-07-16, 21:54

Jake wrote:
    Jon wrote:Your argument is kind of self defeating. "It's the freaking internet, anyone can view that information". Surely that's an argument for locking the topic? Having such a topic means that a confession of private information is more accessible and therefore tempting. Since anyone can access this, not only are you at risk from someone within the community using that information against you, but you're also releasing personal and private information to anyone who happens across it surfing the internet.
    Everyone has a choice to release the information, they should know the consequences of doing so.

Its okay though, I'm bad at arguing and not going to try any further, leave it locked if you really think it's effecting our community
    I'm not going to unlock it personally but I won't be upset if another mod overrules my decision as long as it's an informed decision and they've read my reasons for locking it in the first place. I locked it for no other reason than to protect the community from their confessions being exploited. If anyone feels one way or another on whether this topic should remain locked or be unlocked then I would encourage you to post on this topic. The voice of the community is very important so that we know we're doing the best job because we do it for you. I do the best job I can moderating the forum and every decision I make, I make because I believe it's in the best interest of the community, but my opinion is my own and I can sometimes get it wrong so don't mind being corrected. I'll leave this for another moderator or the overwhelming voice of the community to decide.
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2013-07-16, 21:55

Jon wrote:
    Jake wrote:

I'm not going to unlock it personally but I won't be upset if another mod overrules my decision as long as it's an informed decision and they've read my reasons for locking it in the first place. I locked it for no other reason than to protect the community from their confessions being exploited. If anyone feels one way or another on whether this topic should remain locked or be unlocked then I would encourage you to post on this topic. The voice of the community is very important so that we know we're doing the best job because we do it for you. I do the best job I can moderating the forum and every decision I make, I make because I believe it's in the best interest of the community, but my opinion is my own and I can sometimes get it wrong so don't mind being corrected. I'll leave this for another moderator or the overwhelming voice of the community to decide.
    Ily jon <3

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2013-07-16, 21:57

Jake wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Jake wrote:

Ily jon <3
    Ily2 x
    Sanne
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Sanne on 2013-07-16, 22:00

Jon is back
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2013-07-16, 22:05

Unlocked by Sanne. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for taking the time to appeal the lock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2017-12-12, 01:50