Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan


    YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Share
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 00:34

    Hi,

    I need some help. I don't know what it is but for the last 2-3 weeks, ALL of my Youtube videos have been freezing. They load for a bit, and then completely freeze ... I can still scroll through the page and shift between the play and pause button but nothing happens ... there isn't even a buffering symbol. I don't know what else to do. Here are some things I've already tried:

    1) Checked my DL speed - Over 60mbps
    2) Set Video quality to it's lowest - 144p
    3) Deactivated Ad Blocker
    4) Updated Flash Player, Shockwave, and Java
    5) Reinstalled all the above programs
    6) Cleared cache, cookies, and history
    7) Deactivated all extensions except Flash Player

    Despite all my efforts, my youtube still freezes and I have to reload, and click around until I see it. I have to do this about 50 times to watch a 10 minute video. This is getting ridiculous and I don't know any good tech forums and all the self-help pages are useless.

    Is everyone else experiencing this same problem or is it just me? I asked around and people told me their video might freeze once every 10 videos; BUT not every 30 seconds and on EVERY video.

    Any and all insight is very greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    avatar
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 6175
    Join date : 2012-01-02
    Age : 20
    Location : The Threefold Land

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Rand al'Thor on 2013-11-03, 00:56

    Try reinstalling/using a different browser? Something similar used to happen with me and Chrome.

    and hai. Sad
    and wrong section, l0l. Very Happy
    avatar
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 8033
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Joe on 2013-11-03, 01:38

    This might help: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/58134?hl=en.
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 01:45

    Rand al'Thor wrote:Try reinstalling/using a different browser? Something similar used to happen with me and Chrome.

    and hai. Sad
    and wrong section, l0l. Very Happy
    Blah! I just spotted the PC Help section. Can a mod please move this to the right section? Thank you.


    Legend Joe4 wrote:This might help: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/58134?hl=en.
    That's for uploading videos ... I need help for streaming the videos :/ The only solution I have found is to use an external program to do the streaming (IE: VLC) ... but that would mean that Youtube is the problem ... but if Youtube is the problem, then why is no one else having this issue?!
    avatar
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 6175
    Join date : 2012-01-02
    Age : 20
    Location : The Threefold Land

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Rand al'Thor on 2013-11-03, 01:46

    What browser do you use?
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 01:48

    Rand al'Thor wrote:What browser do you use?
    I use Firefox ... but I have also tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and the problem still exists :l
    avatar
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 6175
    Join date : 2012-01-02
    Age : 20
    Location : The Threefold Land

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Rand al'Thor on 2013-11-03, 02:26

    Firefury54 wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:What browser do you use?
    I use Firefox ... but I have also tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and the problem still exists :l
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/6cj1J2uUtQA%5B1-25-false%5D
    I just want to make sure that you are using the same one that i am using i found out about it on Cnet here: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57600794-285/return-to-youtubes-old-way-of-buffering-full-videos/
    And I used this link
    https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

    And as for the it messing up your page layout you can adjust that in the settings just look for the "Gear" symbol in the top right corner of your screen

    I hope this helps as I know how annoying it is not being able to watch youtube
    ^ seemed to work for quite a few ppl.

    Try getting ahold of Xodz and asking him; he seems to be pretty good at fixing errors Razz

    ~

    You can always pull a Majed and reformat your pc (l0l0olol).
    avatar
    Lelz
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 5464
    Join date : 2011-09-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Sean's house.

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Lelz on 2013-11-03, 02:45

    Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Firefury54 wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:What browser do you use?
    I use Firefox ... but I have also tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and the problem still exists :l
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/6cj1J2uUtQA%5B1-25-false%5D
    I just want to make sure that you are using the same one that i am using i found out about it on Cnet here: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57600794-285/return-to-youtubes-old-way-of-buffering-full-videos/
    And I used this link
    https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

    And as for the it messing up your page layout you can adjust that in the settings just look for the "Gear" symbol in the top right corner of your screen

    I hope this helps as I know how annoying it is not being able to watch youtube
    ^ seemed to work for quite a few ppl.

    Try getting ahold of Xodz and asking him; he seems to be pretty good at fixing errors Razz

    ~

    You can always pull a Majed and reformat your pc (l0l0olol).
    It works like a charm.
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 02:51

    Rand ... I love you <3

    Did you find that quote from that first link? I looked on the first link but didn't find anything so I went with the information in the quote and used the first add-on Firefox. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

    So the whole reason this was happening was because dash playback was enabled and the only way to disable it was through this add-on.

    I don't know how long it took you to find the perfect solution but I want you to know you just made me day Very Happy

    Edit: The only problem now is that my playlist doesn't play automatically and I can't click on the forward button to go to the next item on my list but it's a small price to pay for actually being able to watch full videos.


    Last edited by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 02:57; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Lelz
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 5464
    Join date : 2011-09-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Sean's house.

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Lelz on 2013-11-03, 02:57

    Firefury54 wrote:Rand ... I love you <3

    Did you find that quote from that first link? I looked on the first link but didn't find anything so I went with the information in the quote and used the first add-on Firefox. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

    So the whole reason this was happening was because dash playback was enabled and the only way to disable it was through this add-on.

    I don't know how long it took you to find the perfect solution but I want you to know you just made me day Very Happy
    you should've reformatted your pc, gets rid of any problems.
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 03:05

    Lelz wrote:
    Firefury54 wrote:Rand ... I love you <3

    Did you find that quote from that first link? I looked on the first link but didn't find anything so I went with the information in the quote and used the first add-on Firefox. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

    So the whole reason this was happening was because dash playback was enabled and the only way to disable it was through this add-on.

    I don't know how long it took you to find the perfect solution but I want you to know you just made me day Very Happy
    you should've reformatted your pc, gets rid of any problems.
    I don't even have the reformatting discs anymore. Lol. Plus, I don't have the patience for that like you ^_^
    avatar
    Lelz
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 5464
    Join date : 2011-09-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Sean's house.

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Lelz on 2013-11-03, 03:09

    Firefury54 wrote:
    Lelz wrote:
    Firefury54 wrote:Rand ... I love you <3

    Did you find that quote from that first link? I looked on the first link but didn't find anything so I went with the information in the quote and used the first add-on Firefox. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

    So the whole reason this was happening was because dash playback was enabled and the only way to disable it was through this add-on.

    I don't know how long it took you to find the perfect solution but I want you to know you just made me day Very Happy
    you should've reformatted your pc, gets rid of any problems.
    I don't even have the reformatting discs anymore. Lol. Plus, I don't have the patience for that like you ^_^
    windows 8 has a resetting option, which makes everything easily and it reformats alone yey
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 03:25

    Lelz wrote:
    Firefury54 wrote:
    Lelz wrote:
    Firefury54 wrote:Rand ... I love you <3

    Did you find that quote from that first link? I looked on the first link but didn't find anything so I went with the information in the quote and used the first add-on Firefox. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

    So the whole reason this was happening was because dash playback was enabled and the only way to disable it was through this add-on.

    I don't know how long it took you to find the perfect solution but I want you to know you just made me day Very Happy
    you should've reformatted your pc, gets rid of any problems.
    I don't even have the reformatting discs anymore. Lol. Plus, I don't have the patience for that like you ^_^
    windows 8 has a resetting option, which makes everything easily and it reformats alone yey
    Well, I have windows 7 ... I originally had windows vista and my friend insisted on changing it and messed it up ... I don't think I'll be switching to 8 until I get a new laptop Razz

    Also ... I don't understand why dash playback was causing problems when they were made for people with fast internet connections ... I have a fast internet connection scratch 
    avatar
    Lelz
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 5464
    Join date : 2011-09-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Sean's house.

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Lelz on 2013-11-03, 03:28

    don't switch to windows 8, I Am joking Sad
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-03, 03:35

    Lelz wrote:don't switch to windows 8, I Am joking Sad
    I couldn't sense the sarcasm through your text writing so I went ahead got windows 8 in that small interval of time where you left me alone Sad
    avatar
    Lelz
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 5464
    Join date : 2011-09-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Sean's house.

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Lelz on 2013-11-03, 03:39

    Firefury54 wrote:
    Lelz wrote:don't switch to windows 8, I Am joking Sad
    I couldn't sense the sarcasm through your text writing so I went ahead got windows 8 in that small interval of time where you left me alone Sad
    avatar
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 6175
    Join date : 2012-01-02
    Age : 20
    Location : The Threefold Land

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Rand al'Thor on 2013-11-03, 03:52

    Firefury54 wrote:Rand ... I love you <3

    Did you find that quote from that first link? I looked on the first link but didn't find anything so I went with the information in the quote and used the first add-on Firefox. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

    So the whole reason this was happening was because dash playback was enabled and the only way to disable it was through this add-on.

    I don't know how long it took you to find the perfect solution but I want you to know you just made me day Very Happy

    Edit: The only problem now is that my playlist doesn't play automatically and I can't click on the forward button to go to the next item on my list but it's a small price to pay for actually being able to watch full videos.
    It was on the 7th page. Razz and I'm glad it worked.

    Re playlists:
    https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki/Features#wiki-Prevent_Playlist_Auto_Play

    Apparently, it's actually a feature. I don't have the software myself but you should be able to disable it somehow?

    Also, Majed, I know you're reading this: go study.
    avatar
    Shygodd
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 2778
    Join date : 2012-05-08
    Age : 22
    Location : UK

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Shygodd on 2013-11-03, 09:11

    try turning it off and on
    avatar
    Moe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 4018
    Join date : 2013-01-27
    Age : 18
    Location : Lebanon

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Moe on 2013-11-03, 09:28

    Use Internet Explorer, oh wait! HAHAHA
    avatar
    Zodz
    General
    General

    Posts : 4962
    Join date : 2011-06-16
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast, USA

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Zodz on 2013-11-07, 09:56

    When was the last time you used Disk Cleanup utility on Windows? It honestly sounds like ur cache is taking up too much space. u should run that, delete temp internet files, cache, etc.

    The addon you installed was so the video would load in its entirety b4 it played. Which means potentially ur router or ISP has some problem with that stop + go action that is "regular" youtube loading (e.g. loading small segments at a time)
    avatar
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 4033
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 104
    Location : United States

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Firefury54 on 2013-11-08, 03:55

    Zodz wrote:When was the last time you used Disk Cleanup utility on Windows? It honestly sounds like ur cache is taking up too much space. u should run that, delete temp internet files, cache, etc.

    The addon you installed was so the video would load in its entirety b4 it played. Which means potentially ur router or ISP has some problem with that stop + go action that is "regular" youtube loading (e.g. loading small segments at a time)
    I used it before I had made this post. And yes, I guess my ISP or router had a problem with the stop + go action because it would only give me the first segment and I'd miss on the rest. Once I disabled DASH, all my videos have been working great :)I haven't had to wait at all.
    avatar
    TheHouse
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2013-11-21
    Age : 32
    Location : Durban

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by TheHouse on 2013-11-22, 13:11

    Nicely Done Wink I joined abit late to help But I would have gotten there. Good to know it's working now.

    Sponsored content

    Re: YouTube Experts: I need Your Help

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 2017-09-22, 13:50