Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan


    Bluetooth connectivity help

    Share
    avatar
    Rock
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 2559
    Join date : 2011-11-25
    Age : 18

    Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by Rock on 2015-01-05, 02:45

    Hi, I have a pair of bluetooth speakers (link below) and when I pair them to my computer, it says it pairs but then theres like zero connection range when it shows up on windows.

    http://iliveelectronics.com/wireless-bluetooth-speakers-w-charging-station.html

    They work perfectly fine with my iPod but can't get it to work with my Laptop

    http://iliveelectronics.com/wireless-bluetooth-speakers-w-charging-station.html#product_tabs_specs

    All drivers are updated for my laptop too.

    Any help would be great!
    avatar
    Asar
    Recruit
    Recruit

    Posts : 497
    Join date : 2014-08-16

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by Asar on 2015-01-05, 02:49

    Your connectivity issue could be because the speakers aren't set as your default device for audio (by default)

    Right click on the speaker icon > Playback devices  

    This will show you a list of devices connected to your laptop. It should show a couple of default devices. You need to un-mark them and set the Bluetooth as default one by clicking the Bluetooth device and going 'Set Default'. Apply, and then possibly restart and you should be fine.

    If this doesn't allow your speakers to be 'in range' still, I'm not sure what would be causing that.
    avatar
    Rock
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 2559
    Join date : 2011-11-25
    Age : 18

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by Rock on 2015-01-05, 03:49

    Asar wrote:Your connectivity issue could be because the speakers aren't set as your default device for audio (by default)

    Right click on the speaker icon > Playback devices  

    This will show you a list of devices connected to your laptop. It should show a couple of default devices. You need to un-mark them and set the Bluetooth as default one by clicking the Bluetooth device and going 'Set Default'. Apply, and then possibly restart and you should be fine.

    If this doesn't allow your speakers to be 'in range' still, I'm not sure what would be causing that.

    Yea I have tried that, the thing is, it shows the connection with an "X" or 0 out of 5 bars on the connection range thing...
    avatar
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 13680
    Join date : 2011-09-19
    Age : 21
    Location : United Kingdom

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by Jon on 2015-01-05, 20:30

    Sounds like a similar problem I had with my bluetooth speakers.

    This is what I get whilst trying to find other bluetooth devices from my laptop:


    It continually says "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by other Bluetooth devices." but never comes back with any results.

    Similarly to you my phone can connect fine, which is my very make-do solution; I use my phone to play music rather than my laptop. I have tried searching for a solution on t'internet but all I got was "update your drivers" which I've done.

    One possible explanation I recall reading is that there are currently no compatible bluetooth drivers for windows 8.1 and my model of laptop which perhaps will become available in the future. What OS is your laptop running on?
    avatar
    Rock
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 2559
    Join date : 2011-11-25
    Age : 18

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by Rock on 2015-01-05, 22:31

    8.1 @ jon

    MiceTro
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 59
    Join date : 2015-01-31

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by MiceTro on 2015-01-31, 04:21

    turn your computer on
    avatar
    FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    Recruit
    Recruit

    Posts : 604
    Join date : 2014-11-08
    Location : Stupid bitch hit my phone asking, "can i front a sack?" Told that petty little hoe she could never call me back.

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by FeuerKaiser|Warriors on 2015-02-04, 06:46

    Bluetooth is a pain in the ass, no matter what device

    MiceTro
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 59
    Join date : 2015-01-31

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by MiceTro on 2015-02-04, 06:52

    FeuerKaiser|Warriors wrote:Bluetooth is a pain in the ass, no matter what device

    if ur dum
    avatar
    FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    Recruit
    Recruit

    Posts : 604
    Join date : 2014-11-08
    Location : Stupid bitch hit my phone asking, "can i front a sack?" Told that petty little hoe she could never call me back.

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by FeuerKaiser|Warriors on 2015-02-04, 06:53

    MiceTro wrote:
    FeuerKaiser|Warriors wrote:Bluetooth is a pain in the ass, no matter what device

    if ur dum
    am that

    Sponsored content

    Re: Bluetooth connectivity help

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 2017-11-20, 10:14