Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

Jon Vs Zodz -- who's right? rand/allen/nr we need u , im brain fked after arguing with jon

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Jon Vs Zodz -- who's right? rand/allen/nr we need u , im brain fked after arguing with jon

Post by Slash on 2015-01-18, 19:38

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Re: Jon Vs Zodz -- who's right? rand/allen/nr we need u , im brain fked after arguing with jon

Post by Jon on 2015-01-18, 19:48

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Re: Jon Vs Zodz -- who's right? rand/allen/nr we need u , im brain fked after arguing with jon

Post by Slash on 2015-01-18, 19:48

Jon wrote:Condescended is a word
    Ok wat. First you say it isn't a word now you're saying it is. make up ur mind, ur getting rekt by zodz here...

Jon wrote:but I believe it was used incorrectly. You can be condescended to do something as in lower yourself to perform something you consider to be beneath you but you can't be condescended upon. Someone concur or correct me?

here's where i'm unsure.

but anyways you were wrong during the argument vs zodz. is what matters

gg wp zodz

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2015-01-18, 19:53

Slash wrote:
    Jon wrote:Condescended is a word
    Ok wat. First you say it isn't a word now you're saying it is. make up ur mind, ur getting rekt by zodz here...

Jon wrote:but I believe it was used incorrectly. You can be condescended to do something as in lower yourself to perform something you consider to be beneath you but you can't be condescended upon. Someone concur or correct me?

here's where i'm unsure.

but anyways you were wrong during the argument vs zodz. is what matters

gg wp zodz
    I don't want to be condescended to participate in this debate. rekt.
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz on 2015-01-18, 20:00

Start of Entry : Jon Astle the Communist

TL;DR ctrl+f "i'll google it" or "zodz is right"

[18:06:11] [Server thread/INFO]: <Zoddie> so right now as you manually kill mob, your Bal increases
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]: <Zoddie> there are no messages to make u aware of this
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]: jmm11> rly!
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]: jmm11> cool
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]: <Zoddie> by mob i mean zombies & skeletons

part 2 full unabridged

[18:07:05] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > say that's such a good idea JonAstle
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > maybe i'll consider it
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > I'm clever like that bro
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > what do you mean by farming doesn't count?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > like what defines farming?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > like a piston killing it for you?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > nope
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > u have to do dmg
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > say it has to do with the exact same piece of literature i wrote, you know, the one that includes
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > the word "manually"
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you have a bad habit of answering questions that nobody's asked
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > I have a mob farm that collects mobs in a 3x2 area using water streams
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > for some reason you asked me what do i mean by farming doesn't count: true or false?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > which I then kill by hand
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > they yes
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you wouldn't consider that under the prefix "farming"?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > u ignored the word manual
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > if it's manual, it's good to go
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > just answer the question.
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > jon
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > answer: yes
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you make things so much harder than you have to
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > if u kill it
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > thanks jmm11
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > ty jmm11
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]: Rssean lost connection: Disconnected
    [18:09:45] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > np
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > take a lesson from jmm11, zodz.
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > i dont speak that dude's language
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > zodz
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > he actually answers questions rather than trying to be condescending.
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > come see my tree farm
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > consider urself condescended
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > that's definitely a word...
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > more properly "condescended upon"
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > but either one works
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > beer time
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > wait
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you're a moron. "condescended" isn't a work lmao
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > bro you banned me for discussing drugs but it's alright for you to do it?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you're disgustingly hypocritical
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > condescended is past tense and past participle of condescend
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > once again everything i said is right and everything u said was wrong
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > google it. You're an idiot.
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > i wish u were more my equal. sucks u deranked urself
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you can't condescend something lol
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > shots fired
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > pwn
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > pwnt*
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > aight im done chill time now
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > someone clearly didn't google it or they'd have realised how wrong they were lol
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > ill google it
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > con·de·scendˌkändəˈsend/Submitverbpast tense: condescended; past participle: condescended
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > zodz is right
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > ...
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > where did you get that from?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > google
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > someone has dumb internet.... is england becoming communist
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > ?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > is past participle form
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > zodz i just agreed with u
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you can't condescend something lol you can only be condescending
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > ur not in england jmm11 Wink
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > technicaly the "correct way to speak
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > it could be a word but how zodz used it was incorrect
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > look for a context in which condescended is used in
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > and you'll see it's not the past participle
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > JonAstle do u remember the time i said "more properly 'condescended upon"
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > honestly does it realy matter in the scheme of things?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > "he condescended to see me at my hotel"
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > would be a correct context
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > and it's clearly not being used as a past tense of "condescend" lol
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > "condescended upon" is also wrong lol that's why I commented on it
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    jmm11 > i better watch out i might be "investigated" about my translation
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > communist!
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > the point is, zodz was wrong, as ever
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > 1-0
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > well that certaintly wouldn't be correct Razz
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > probably more like 700-0 by now but whatever
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > but i'm donnnee nnoob go argue with ur mother
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > aw did someone do a stupid?
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > no only a perfection!
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > you should save yourself the humiliation and just never speak again
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > aight JonAstle ima mute u soon cuz ur starting to get boring
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > it'd be beneficial for everyone involved
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > get ur last few words out
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > "ahhh I got proven wrong. Mute the guy that did it!"
    [18] [listenerPool0-thread3293/INFO]: [IRC ] jej is now known as zumper.
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]: Zoddie issued server command: /mute JonAstle
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-01-18, 20:38

Nice argument. Condescended upon is a thing. If you would have taken 20 seconds to hit it into Google you'd see plenty of usages of it.
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2015-01-18, 20:43

Nr wrote:

Nice argument. Condescended upon is a thing. If you would have taken 20 seconds to hit it into Google you'd see plenty of usages of it.
    I can't find anything that would indicate that it's correct in that context.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=%22condescended%20upon%22

The top result containing the exact words "condescended upon" is some French looking website.
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2015-01-18, 20:48

The correct use of "condescend" is to say that you condescend to something rather than you condescend something. eg. "Zodz might condescend to Jon" rather than "Zodz might condescend Jon" in the same way that "Zodz condescended to Jon" is correct rather than "Zodz condescended Jon" or "Zodz condescended upon Jon".

Good lord, why am I condescending to this?

Last edited by Jon on 2015-01-18, 20:57; edited 2 times in total
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-01-18, 20:49

Jon wrote:
    Nr wrote:

I can't find anything that would indicate that it's correct in that context.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=%22condescended%20upon%22

The top result containing the exact words "condescended upon" is some French looking website.

Umm, did you look past the first result? There are plenty of results on the first page there from books using the expression in the same manner as Zodz did. Only few in overall from the 21st century, though.

Maybe your results are different? I don't know. Try:

https://www.google.ee/search?q=%22condescended+upon%22&oq=%22condescended+upon%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.2370j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=%22condescended+upon%22&tbm=bks

"It is answered,Thatthe Defender spoke these Words or such like alternative, is not relevant, it being a certain Principle in Law,that whenever a Crime consists in Words, the fpecifick Words ought to be condescended upon, forif the libelling of a ..."

"Whereas it is alleadged for Wetham, that it is denyed that he was bringing intelligence , it is answered, that this is only condescended upon as a qualification, and appears to have bein truith, but his majesties advocat will not burden himself ..."

"As also, this is clear from the law of our neighbour nation of England; as appears by 87 tatute K. Henry VIII. by which it is statute, that in all criminal libels, the day and place must be condescended upon"

"And as to that objection against the relevancy. ot' the libel, that the words condescended upon bear that expression, or such like, and that ' non licet vagari in criminalibus.'"

Cannons

Post by Cannons on 2015-01-18, 21:06

Anyone else find it ironic Zodz posts proof to try to prove his argument is right while he refused to do so in the Moe / Asgard & other cases where it'd come in handy?

Also in regards to condescending, I would think saying condescending upon means a person making you seem small or insignificant.
    Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-01-18, 21:17

Condescended is the past participle of condescend, if that's the question lol.

If the object of the condescension is right after 'condescend' then it's to. If it's not present, it's upon. Look at Nr's examples.
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-01-18, 21:21

Cannons wrote:Anyone else find it ironic Zodz posts proof to try to prove his argument is right while he refused to do so in the Moe / Asgard & other cases where it'd come in handy?

Also in regards to condescending, I would think saying condescending upon means a person making you seem small or insignificant.

LOL

Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz on 2015-01-18, 21:35

let's not forget the debate was based on 'condescended' being a word or not...

nothing to see here...

Cannons

Post by Cannons on 2015-01-18, 21:38

Zodz wrote:let's not forget the debate was based on 'condescended' being a word or not...

nothing to see here...

I mean there must be something to see since you're posting logs to try and help prove you're right once out of 50 times vs Jon.
    Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-01-18, 21:41

Zodz wrote:let's not forget the debate was based on 'condescended' being a word or not...

nothing to see here...

Allen1 wrote:Condescended is the past participle of condescend, if that's the question lol.

Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon on 2015-01-18, 21:48

nothing to see here...
    mhmm I disagree. I did at one point say that condescended wasn't a word by which I only meant that you'd used it incorrectly. I am aware that it is indeed a word. But admittedly my phrasing was incorrect so if your only argument is that condescending is a word rather than that you did use it correctly, then you're right.
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor on 2015-01-18, 22:05

Lol, only in America could being called a communist be an insult.

~

Condescend is an intransitive verb and does not take a direct object. So, Zodz is incorrect in saying:

Zodz wrote:[18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > consider urself condescended
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:    JonAstle > that's definitely a word...
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > more properly "condescended upon"
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > but either one works
    [18] [Server thread/INFO]:  <Zoddie > beer time
    Tho, 'condescened upon' (in the passive) works.

Gobshite English to say 'consider urself condescended upon', but there ya go...

Cannons wrote:Anyone else find it ironic Zodz posts proof to try to prove his argument is right while he refused to do so in the Moe / Asgard & other cases where it'd come in handy?
    This.
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-01-18, 23:04

only in cora dyce do we have an argument about words.
    Luke
    Admin
    Admin

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Luke on 2015-01-19, 02:09

I've never heard of that word in the land of Kangaroo's. Hopefully never will it has more then 5 letters and looks scary. Sad
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba on 2015-01-19, 02:48

I don't think andy has read my IRC or forum pm concerning zodz's abuse and mishandling of situations -.-.-

i dont think zodz has posted PS logs to me either -.-
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2015-01-19, 10:21

so jon got rekt by zodz? this is a day to remember

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2017-12-16, 07:56