As some of you may know, the last competition was quite a failure with none of the participants, save one (who was in LAST place), even bothering to submit an entry.
Nr and I have decided to cancel it and make a similar giveaway but with some tweaks. (Refer to "What's different about this giveaway?" below)
The link below will show the old rules and how it worked:
This is how it will work now:
Each round the participants will get a topic and genre to write a short story about. The topic is related to Cora Dyce meta while the genre can range from comedy to drama to sci-fi and so on.
The main purpose of the competition is to keep the forums lively and strengthen the community.
The prize pool has been raised to 100m; throughout the giveaway which will be over the span of a few weeks we will be accepting donations to add to the prize pool. Any donations are appreciated!
Nr - 100m
What's different about this giveaway?
- Instead of having the old rules like last time, this time we will give people more freedom to choose which topic they'd like.
- Grading/judging is not as strict - however please do not veer of the topic at hand
- Topics are easier and more abstract
- 5 day deadlines
- 4 rounds
- You can join at ANY round
- Percentage of prize pool per round, meaning the winner of each round will take 10% of the prize pool unlike last time, where the winner won everything
Intructions for the participants:
* Short stories. Don't make it so long it would require a tl;dr. A 500 word cap is a reasonable one to have in mind, but don't be afraid to go over it if necessary.
* Read both the topic and genre through carefully to make sure you get the point.
After the round has been published on this thread the participants will have a set amount of time to forum PM me the entry. If you don't make the deadline you'll be disqualified.
Again, PLEASE * Read both the topic and genre through carefully to make sure you get the point! Last time this did not happen and people were going waaaaay off course from what the topic was asking.
Not only will this increase your chances to win, but it will help you in school - learning how to read questions under pressure while taking a test is a vital skill!
As Nr said, this is great writing practice. I want all of you to have fun and actually have a story you can be proud of! Best of luck. This will be starting on Friday.
P.S. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE. Tell us which genre you'd like, not topic.