Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Post by Nr on 2015-02-08, 19:55

Competition summary

This is the second attempt at a prose competition in Cora. The last one didn't work because of the format and short deadlines. This time around the format should a lot be more convenient -- with longer deadlines, more abstract topics and a largely different system in overall.

The main goal of the competition is to keep the forums active and give the community a chance to take part in a fun event.

Each round there will be a given topic and genre to write a short story of around 500 words about. The topic of the first 2 rounds out of 4 are about Cora Dyce. The other 2 unrelated to Cora Dyce. While knowledge about Cora Dyce is a plus in the first two rounds, it's not necessary and everyone from the oldies to the newcomers are encouraged to join.

Besides just being a fun competition for the community, it's also an excellent opportunity to improve your creative writing and see how it holds up competing with others.

Competition

There are a total of 4 rounds. The judging is based on points and no one drops out. You can join the competition at any round. There's a monetary prize of 20m for the winner of each seperate round, but the main battle is for the overall best point score throughout the 4 rounds. On to how exactly it works:

Each round the points are divided based on how many people entered that round and then ranked from 1 (lowest) to max by the three judges. If 12 people entered the round each judge will rank the entries from 1 to 12. If a judge deemed your entry to be the second best, they will give you 11 points.

Until the deadline of the next round, anyone reading can vote for the entry they believed to be best in the previous round by commenting on the thread. The writer of the entry with most public votes wins 10m.

The highest total score of points of all the judges in the specific round also wins 10m. All of the scores will also carry over to the overall table covering all rounds. The person to get the highest number of points in the overall table is crowned the best writer of Cora Dyce.

Your entry should be PMed to me. That way your opponents can't see what they're up against. I will post all the entries once the deadline is up.

The prizepool

Best entry in round 1 = 10m (judges)/10m (public votes)
    Best entry in round 2 = 10m (judges)/10m (public votes)
    Best entry in round 3 = 10m (judges)/10m (public votes)
    Best entry in round 4 = 15m (judges)
    Overall winner = 25m+

Donations are accepted throughout the tournament. This will increase the prize for the overall winner, which is currently 25m. If the overall winner prize rises to higher than 60m we can have prizes for the top 3.

Judges

1. Nr
    2. Paul
    3. Pants

Join to win monetary prizes, have fun with the community and/or improve or see how your writing holds up in a competition. Coming up with a short entry in 5 days doesn't take up much time at all!

Last edited by Nr on 2015-02-14, 11:17; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Overall Table

Post by Nr on 2015-02-08, 19:57

Overall Table - Standings

Results after round 4 out of 4.

RankNamePointsParticipated in x rounds
    1.Taro Beast624
    2.Slash544
    3.Iamtaba454
    4.Eth111443
    5.Meiru252
    6.FeuerKaiser|Warriors221
    7.Dump me192
    8.Rock182
    9.Luke161
    10.Lord Abigor163
    11.Joe31

Click here to view results after round 3 out of 4:

1.Taro Beast443
    2.Slash413
    3.Eth111372
    4.Iamtaba373
    5.FeuerKaiser|Warriors221
    6.Dump me192
    7.Rock182
    8.Luke161
    9.Lord Abigor132
    10.Meiru111
    11.Joe31

Click here to view results after round 2 out of 4:

1.Eth111372
    2.Taro Beast372
    3.Slash302
    4.Iamtaba272
    5.FeuerKaiser|Warriors221
    6.Dump me192
    7.Luke161
    8.Lord Abigor132
    9.Rock121
    10.Joe31

Click here to view results after round 1 out of 4:

1.FeuerKaiser|Warriors221
    2.Eth111201
    3.Taro Beast201
    4.Iamtaba131
    5.Dump me121
    6.Slash121
    7.Lord Abigor61
    8.Joe31

Last edited by Nr on 2015-03-04, 03:08; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Rounds 1-2

Post by Nr on 2015-02-08, 20:00

Click here to view Round 1:

Round 1

Topic: Drama breaks out in Cora Dyce because of autocorrect.
    Genre: Any.

Extra topic description was:
    I'm sure many people here have encountered problems with autocorrect or at least heard of multiple oft hilarious examples. What word fucked up by autocorrect, in the hands of what person, could cause friction between cora members or even turn into a fullblown shitstorm? If you can answer that question with a good story you could very well win this round.

Any person in Cora can be used as a character. Any situation and possible spin you can put on the story is fine. There is no set genre in round 1 - you can do comedy, satire, science-fiction, turn the story dark and etc. Good luck!

* You have 5 days to submit your entry. The deadline is Friday the 13th 21:00 GMT.
    * Your entry should average around 500 words. Less than that? No problem. Triple that? Too much.
    * To submit your entry forum PM me it.
    * If you've already submitted, you can still update your entry by re-sending it before the deadline.

Round Results

Judges vote

RankNamePoints
    1.FeuerKaiser|Warriors22
    2.Eth11120
    3.Taro Beast20
    4.Iamtaba13
    5.Dump me12
    6.Slash12
    7.Lord Abigor6
    8.Joe3

FeuerKaiser|Warriors won 10m.

Nr's votes:
    My points with some commentary:

Fuck, this took a while to write.

Bear in mind that all of this is simply my opinion and I merely tried to give an honest review, no harm intended.

1 point - Joey - I concur with the GreatBanter hashtag. You didn't capture anyone's personality or speech pattern. The dialogue is lazy, uninspired and has nothing to do with the autocorrect topic whatsoever. Regardless, Zodz will probably be pleased to see an entire entry devoted against him.

2 points - Lord Abigor - There's probably a deserved award in here for managing to come up with something as disturbing and at the same time, hilarious. Due to the story lacking any logical narrative and the amount of disturbance caused by the read, I unfortunately can't give it more than 2 points.

3 points - Dump me - I think this story failed by taking on too much and trying to have 3 storywise unconnected punchlines to it. The only auto-correct joke I understood was the epi-pen one. Interesting enough, Lord Abigor also had an "epic penis" auto-correct in his entry, but I have no idea what the actual word was supposed to be there. I'm clueless to what the word behind the first autocorrect was and how the third punchline even fit in to the picture of autocorrect or the story. I'm confused on what the point of this story was. Imo it also had the tone of something that tried hard to be cutesy, but doing so, became cringeworthy.

4 points - Iamtaba - Well, everyone seems to love writing about Zodz today. The story's got a half-decent light absurd tone to it, but it doesn't do the trick for me. I would have at the very least wanted to see a believable autocorrect amidst the absurdness. I'm only giving it a 4 because a few decent lines held it a tiny bit higher than the other 3 entries.

5 points - Slash - You used a typo instead of autocorrect in your story. The concept remains the same so I won't mind. I loved the actual situation of Cannons accidentally saying Zodz makes him feel special. Very good. Unfortunately the rest of the story is weak, Zodz resigning out of pressure put on him over this is out of character and the situation unfolding along with the ending makes no sense with nothing in the story backing up that it's not supposed to make sense. No more than A for effort from me.

6 points - Taro Beast - As Slash's, you took the typo direction instead of autocorrect. I won't badger you for it either as the concept remains pretty much the same. You've got a decent story here. Average in all regards, but it's a full story, the typos are funny and it works. Well played and nice incorporation of Friday the 13th.

7 points - FeuerKaiser|Warriors - I got to give this one credit for a lot of things. The prose was well written, the story felt like a complete story with a beginning, a middle and an end while feeling that the beginning kicked off from the middle of something -- which is positive. I liked how the story had a message to it and remained believable in its execution. I could feel the mystery of who was behind the hacking and the moment Zodz succumbed to abusing the opportunity, good stuff. The flying boots link and a runite ore reference popping up threw in a good dose of humor in there. A similar attempt for that was probably Andy's password being zodzdemotenr4admin, which didn't work for me. I also thought that the ending paragraph got a little preachy, the message would have been obvious from the story. NR ANALOGY TIME. The story's got a well rounded face and a nice body, but it doesn't have legs to stand on. Autocorrect correcting a / to . is just unlikely and almost distant from the topic itself, resulting in a weak main plot point. The story still slumps by on a fairly advanced wheelchair, electronic perhaps. Not without flaws imo, but well done.

8 points - Eth111 - The story clicks exceptionally well along with a few legitimately amusing moments. Logically sound reasons are provided for not just the otherwise unlikely autocorrection, but also other minor story beats that give the story a complete feeling. The autocorrection because of those names often coming up for kicking them is kind of genious. I don't know whether bringing out the names James, Boofz and Moe as people who would quit due to this were intentional, but worked oh so well considering they're the ones that could indeed be upset over poor trial selections instead of them, who have waited for it for ages. The moment of ridiculing yourself as an ending joke was definitely worth using, I couldn't think of a better ending. Despite the prose and mechanics not being the strongest, the story rectified it all for me. Good work.

Pants's votes:
    taro 8 - Taro won because 6/8 of the entries followed the same general plot. I had warriors winning in the beginning till all the other similar posts watered his down a lil
    warriors 7 - psh zodz could cripple cora without andys pass
    dump me 6 - bad grammar made it hard to read
    eth 5 - ur beginning got my hopes up until it nose dived.
    taba 4 - auto correct has to be somewhat close
    slash 3 - the joke at the end made it somewhat better.
    abigor 2 - curse words made it annoyingly unreadable
    joe 1 - lol

*general note* I penalized on plot if the auto correct was so outrageous it wasnt believelable. Believability was pretty much most of the criteria.

http://gyazo.com/b890c102a138989982f13b91fb4f3031

Paul's votes:
    8 - FeuerKaiser/LMS/Paul/Warriors: Good solid story with an introduction and conclusion. It's obvious you spent some time and put some effort into this.

7 - Eth - LOL, love the references to the trials chosen. It was pretty realistic. I could see something like that happening if Andy actually made that mistake.

6 - Taro Beast: I enjoyed reading your story! A bit off topic, but good nonetheless. I always enjoy a story with some fancy vocabulary sprinkled here and there. 

5 - iamtaba:
    iamtaba wrote: He's like "it's cool dawg, i'll fix this first thing tomorrow morning". However, Andy wasn't joking when he said he's gonna fix this tomorrow.
    This part confused me. Isn't Zodz the one who said he'd fix it? It randomly switches to Andy. I like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reference.

4 - Slash: I feel like you kind of took the idea from the previous competition when you said that Cannons rises to power and then takes over Andy's spot. And again, LTU gets a rank somehow. o.o Sounds familiar.

3 - Dump Me: Hard to follow and grammar could be improved.

2 - Lord Abigor: Story was on topic (I think Question) but it just didn't follow any real plot. Lots of weird things strung all over the place like his mom being in a coma...his dad being a prostitute and out of the blue committing suicide after being in a fight.

1 - Joe: Not even a real story... Just filled with dialogue.
    No attempt to spell correctly; filled with internet slang (m8).
    Veers off the topic of auto correct causing drama.
    And finally...Xodz suddenly turns to Zodz somehow. Then Zodz turns to zodz. You could have at least kept the characters' names consistent.

Public vote

RankNamePoints
    1.FeuerKaiser|Warriors2
    2.Lord Abigor2
    3.Slash1

FeuerKaiser|Warriors & Lord Abigor both won 5m.

Round 1 Entries

There were a total of 8 entries.

Dump me wrote:In certain situations, automatic corrections can cause tons of problems while texting someone closes to you or while talking to a group of people online. Misuse of text replacement software is a staple practical joke in many schools and offices. There was one day on Cora Dyce IRC where the auto correct has engulfed everyone with laughter. It all started off in the morning when Paul told us about his journey to six flags, Kimchi on saving an allergic woman, and then Chess looking for a sloppy hoes recipe. The reaction of everyone in the IRC came to life after these automatic corrections.
    Earlier on that day, I got on around 10am and started betting some of my money in blackjack. People in the IRC was talking about how exciting their experience was when they went to Six Flags and had a long argument about which rides where the best. Few bets later, Paul got involved into the conversation and talked about what he thinks is a cool journey to the Six Flags. What he said in the IRC was that he was going to drive to Six Fags with a Dearth vibrator mask. Everyone burst out typing “Lol” and “lmfao” into the chat and Paul first quickly typed “flags*” then wrote “Death vibrator”. By now the whole chat was filled with spams of laughter making fun of how Paul got to Six Flags with a Darth vibrator mask on.
    Another incident happened that day was Kimchi came online late afternoon. The chat was laid-back at the moment and not a lot of people were betting. Kimchi came into the chat telling everyone about how he just saved a woman’s life earlier today. He told us about how this woman was allergic to peanuts and nuts and he found this woman choking and coughing. Kimchi typed “she didn’t need an ambulance but she had to take the deep penis.” Again everyone died from laughter and he quickly tried correcting it but put down “I had to inject her with an EPIC PENIS.” Someone in the chat asked if he meant Epi Pen and Kimchi said yes. The chat started off calm until Kimchi gave us an epic deep story and that everyone started talking about how he was into woman that are allergic to peanuts and nuts.
    Later that night around 6pm, everyone was talking about how good their dinner was. Especially how Xodz talked about how his shepherd pot pie was piled with mashed potatoes on top and a generous amount of gravy pouring down. Chess entered the conversation and said, “Does anyone have a good recipe for sloppy hoes I am craving for them right now.” VP0 said, “1 sloppy hoe: 8 shots of tequila, 1 willing guy, and a lot of falling over.” Of course VP0 was joking and sent Chess a special recipe of sloppy joes.

FeuerKaiser|Warriors wrote: Drama is always in and out of the door to Cora Dyce, but sometimes drama can put an end to many great things. Due to one of the newest features on many devices called, "autocorrect," drama has spread throughout the Cora Dyce community like a wildfire. Autocorrect is causing many members, including administrators of Cora Dyce, to make unintended mistakes when talking to one another. Some of the members who are victims of this, "autocorrect," do not realize that the feature has changed what they have typed. One of those victims, is the one and only Cora Dyce Owner, Andy.

In comes Andy, the well known owner of Cora Dyce. Many members seek to be friends with him, be enemies with him, as well as be him or just like him! All was well throughout the Cora Community, until one day, someone became, "Andy." Andy was attempting to log onto his IRC nick, when autocorrect had taken it's biggest victim in Cora Dyce's history. Autocorrect had changed Andy's desired message, "/ns id zodzdemoteNR4admin," to, ".ns id zodzdemoteNR4admin." This small correction caused mayhem throughout the IRC channel. Before Andy could do anything to fix the problem, his nick was secured by another member. Nobody knew what to do, as spam filled the channel. There was so much spam, that Andy could not find any help to get his nick back. The fake Andy quickly set an auto ban on all members who joined the Cora Dyce channel, and banned all of the members who were in the channel at that time. While Andy was panicking and trying to resolve the IRC issue, his forum account was being hacked as well. This led to the hacking of Andy's email account, Skype account, and Runescape account. While many Cora members were either asleep or at school and work due to the time of the hacking, the news wasn't heard by many hosts and high rollers. The forums were shut down, and many hosts messaged Andy's skype asking what the problem was. The hacker took advantage of the situation, taking money from hosts and making excuses saying that the forums will be up later, and that the IRC channel situation will be resolved in no time.

Hosts messaged each other quickly on Skype once they were scammed, but they were all too late. Everything happened so quickly that no one knew what could be said or done. Every one was panicking, nobody had thought that this would ever happen. It was all too quickly done, and not much was done about it. Who could have done such a thing to such a great community? Who would go into so much depth to take all of Andy's Runescape money, and scam all of the hosts by contacting them through Skype messages? How did the hacker know which contact to message on Skype? Many questions like these ran through the minds of the Cora community. About twelve hours after the crisis, the forums link began to work again. The link, www.Coradyce.com, now redirected you to, http://coramc.playgrid.com/shop/. Confusion ran through everyone's mind, leaving them astonished that Xodz would do such a thing. Xodz's Minecraft server soon began to get spammed, and abused repeatedly, leaving him no choice but to shut down the server. After the server was shut down, Xodz soon changed the homepage of Cora Gaming to, "Watch my streams @ twitch.tv/xodz," and that was the last of Xodz. His stream was bombarded many times by many viewers, calling him a scammer, but he fought through the spam attacks and kept going on with his life, leaving Cora in the dust. Why would Xodz ever cause this hectic drama? The answer is very clear, and you don't need a Runite Ore trail to lead you to the conclusion. It was all because of an autocorrect that lead to a huge opportunity that he could not take up.

The short story of when Xodz bankrupt the whole Cora Dyce staff was all because of the feature  autocorrect and greed. Don't let one accidental auto correction trigger off an act of cruelty to others. When one causes cruelty to others, people retaliate with words, and maybe even actions. Retaliation leads to you getting angry with the retaliator, leaving you careless about what you type. Carelessly typing leads to autocorrections,and well, we know where autocorrections can lead us to.

Iamtaba wrote:The days go by with Zodz mishandling several disputes, but he fucked up big this time. After getting home from his work and thinking of what shit post he's about to make next, he sees another dispute wherein a new user got scammed, and other members satirically call for him to be the savior of this one. Zodz drunkenly types "look at these haters, they know i got da powah to fix this scam", but it horribly comes out as "look at this faggot member, im gonna scam him bad". He's like "it's cool dawg, i'll fix this first thing tomorrow morning". However, Andy wasn't joking when he said he's gonna fix this tomorrow. Although Germans are notorious for waking up late in the morning, Andy's timezone gave him the advantage and de-admin'd the fuck outta zodz. Everyone was cheering for this amazing clan decision, and zodz cried his dictator tears all over the carpet. still trying to be the douchebag he is, he then whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said “fresh” and there were dice in the mirror. If anything, he could say that this cab was rare, but he thought “naw forget it, yo home to bel-air!” He pulled up to the house about seven or eight and he yelled to the cabbie “yo homes smell ya later!” Looked at my kingdom, he was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Joe wrote:Xodz: Hey guys, come check out my streams
    Rand: Your streams are awesome i'll check them out!
    Joe: rand u fkin twat his streams are shit m8
    Rand: u fucking w0t m8 i will rek u irl
    Sean:both u idiots shut up or else
    Rand: u called us idiots???
    Sean: oops, sorry :c
    Joe: rand, zodz' streams fkin suck m8
    Andy: dont go harassing my bitch, or else!
    Zodz: andy, pls, im being cyber-bullied online by joe and rand :ccc
    Andy: ok, ill derank joe, whatever u say!!
    Joe: andy m8 wtf u doing??
    Andy: stfu m8 u are still recruit after a year of rank. give me more rsgp!!!111!onee!!
    Joe: nah man, im not giving u gp for sitting on your ass allday..
    Andy: ok, derank!
    zodz: fuck u andy
    andy: zodz??? ill rerank joe to gen if u say that again!!
    zodz: oops shit i meant to say fuck u andy
    andy: that's it m8 ur banned and joe gets gen for free fk u!
    zodz: but andy, i meant to say thank you..
    andy: too l8 m8 ur banned cya !
    andy: ur useless anyways, u couldn't even make a poker website, it took u fkin months...

the end c:

#GreatBanter.

Slash wrote:Cannons and Zodz were taking it out on eachother, late at night in the IRC. This time Cannons had had it with Zodz. 60+ people in the channel watched them argue for hours as if it were some sort of entertainment. Suddenly Cannons made a surprising remark causing the whole crowd to go nuts. "You make me feel special." Cannons said, and immediately realizing he had made a typo. "SUICIDAL* SUICIDAL*", Cannons exclaimed! But it was too late. "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" every 2 seconds from almost every member in the channel. It was bezerk. No one would've thought Zodz could make anyone special, that's why they were going crazy. I mean Zodz? Really? Guys cmon.
    Anyways the mockery of Zodz continued, every day he'd get people teasing him saying "Zodz, you make me feel special" and what not. Somehow the crowd respected Cannons due to what he had said thinking it was an absolute sarcastic joke. Everyone was on his side. Zodz expected it to pass in a few days, but it did not. 3 months later people were still on about it. Zodz couldn't take it anymore, which resulted in him resigning. Cannons ended up being admin for over a month and then he took over Andy's position. A new rule was soon announced by the great Cannons: "Anyone who makes a typo will be permanently banned." Someone did.
    LTU, but instead of being permanently banned, he was give a rank.
    What did he say? Sorry, can't leak host section information

The Elephant
    end**
    THE END!

Lord Abigor wrote:Joe had a problem with his dad. After a month, They're reconciled after her mom was coma. One night, his dad has some work to do. He messaged Joe to accompany his mom at hospital. Joe then replied after about half an hour, he replied "sorry, just finished masturbating,it makes me feels so relaxed and easier to sleep".His father read the message and replied "Fuck off son". Joe then explained that he meant to say "menstruating", again autocorrect fucked him. At last he send the word that he meant to say which is "meditating". His father was like "fine son,come here and accompany your mom". The next month, Joe's mom no longer in coma. Joe messaged his father to ask about his mom condition. His father the replied "Your mother was good and he need a deep penis, an epic penis". Autocorrect just fucked them a lot. Joe also find out that his father was a prostitute. His father tried to explain everything but they had a fight then his father commited suicide.

Eth111 wrote:Trial Troubles

The day starts out normal for Andy as he wakes up and gets ready to go on the computer. Unfortunatly, his computer will not turn on! Andy solves this issue by going on his iPhone. He then quickly checks the host application section to choose 3 new trials. After a quick review of the applicants, he chooses 3 people: Andrew, Corena, and Medin123. When Andy is typing the post on his iPhone; the unthinkable happens... Autocorrect! Instead of writing Andrew, Corena, and Medin123; he accidently autocorrects to aquatic_girl, casb, and messssi, as he writes their names often to kick them out of the IRC. Andy then gets off and goes to take a nap. 6 hours later, Andy wakes up to see that his computer is working, logs on, and witnesses CoraDyce on shambles. Andy has over 2000 pms on the trial choices alone, ther're over 100 quitting thread including the members Moe, Boofz, James, and more. They're so many posts on the trial choices that Andys computer crashes and has to go back on his iPhone. He then goes on the irc to see only 2 other people on: Zodz and Nr. Zodz then flames Andy for a good 2 hours, with such arguements being Zodz complaining about paying 500m for his trial choices to be picked, him saying that Messssi cant even use a comma, how can he possibly be a host; and more. Nr just says 1 line to Andy: You made a big mistake, you German cunt. After that; both Zodz and Nr write quitting threads and leave forever. They're too many posts at once on the forum page; that it gets hit offline and never comes back on. The last person to ever join the irc with Andy was Eth111, saying the following: Host pls cuz everyone quit? Andy then goes afk and closes the channel forever. The end.

Taro Beast wrote:It was Friday 13th at Cora. Despite the perceived misfortune on such a day Cora was doing fantastically. After a successful drop party, the IRC was buzzing with life as both new and old bet away their hard earned cash for the momentary adrenaline rush of potentially doubling their money. Cora was happy to announce their new game that they really felt would help pick up their business – Slot Machines. Rules were simple and those at Cora loved it. The chance of winning a huge jackpot or even just 3 or 5 times their money. For the present everything seemed positive with everyone content, regardless of them winning or losing.
    Unfortunately with all gambling you get the very sore losers. This one particular new member had heard about the slots, and feeling lucky had decided to do several extremely large bets. Unsuccessful he turned his rage to the innocent members of Cora. However through a mix of anger and a tragic typing error the phrase he had so thoughtfully written in bold and a deep red colour to stand out was, ‘Aaaaarggghhhhhh, I’ve wasted 300m on your sluts!!!!’
    An eerie silence followed in the wake of such an outburst. Most members saw the comedic side of such a comment, however many of the hosts took deep offence in some random ‘noob’ insulting both them and their team. The culprit, ironically named ‘ChikMagnet69’ realised his error too late. All he could type was ‘F***!!!!!’  Before being permanently banned by Chess, someone who had taken the deepest offence at such a comment.
    With the thrill of betting already gripping him he tirelessly tried to rectify his mistake. He added all of the hosts on Runescape to try and explain himself however everyone either ignored him or didn’t believe him. In a last ditch attempt to save himself he wrote in the Spam section on the Forums to explain himself. However in his rush he neglected to check through his message and with one section of his explanation reading ‘I didn’t mean to say Sluts! I was only trying to complain about Cora’s Scots.’ This was enough for the Cora community. Immediately there was a barrage of abuse aimed towards ChikMagnet69 as they supported their small Scottish members of the community. There was nothing for ChikMagnet69 to do, one rude mistake could be considered foolish but make another and no one will believe your innocence. Within moments Nr was on the scene to ban ChikMagnet69 from the forums as well.
    Friday 13th had struck again. This unfortunate sole, through both his own stupidity and a great deal of misfortune had cut his Cora experience short. There was nothing more him to do and so the memory of ChikMagnet69 faded into a distant memory.

Click here to view round 2:

Round 2

Topic: You log in to Cora Dyce and the place looks nothing like it did yesterday. What happened?
    Genre: Mystery, Any.

The goal for round 2 is to come up with a cracking short story mystery. You log on to Cora Dyce the place looks nothing like it did yesterday. What and why? Does everything suddenly look like it did in 2012? Did you imagine everything that had happened meanwhile or is time travel in play? There are plenty of scenarios to think of.

The main genre is mystery, but there are still multiple ways to handle the story. Science-fiction, comedy etc.? Your call. This is a great round to challenge your writing. Get creative!

* You have 5 days to submit your entry. The deadline is Wednesday the 18th 21:00 GMT.
    * Your entry should average around 500 words. Less than that? No problem. Triple that? Too much.
    * If you've already submitted, you can still update your entry by re-sending it before the deadline

Round Results

Judges vote

RankNamePoints
    1.Slash18
    2.Eth11117
    3.Taro Beast17
    4.Luke16
    5.Iamtaba14
    6.Rock12
    7.Dump me7
    8.Lord Abigor7

Slash won 10m.

Nr's votes:
    Votes with commentary for round 2. Bear in mind that that this is all just my opinion and not a prophecy waiting to be carved into rocks.

A lot of generic entries following a very similar pattern and choice of topic. Kind of disappointing considering the wide number of possibilities that came with the topic. Last round had 8 entries too, but felt stronger in almost all regards.

1 point - Rock - Well written, if not slightly convoluted, but... NR ANALOGY TIME. No matter how big your pumpkin is you can't take it to a biggest watermelon contest and expect to win. You completely ignored the concept of Cora Dyce, therefore ignoring the topic and built a meta-physical universe of sorts instead. Doing that... you ended up growing a pumpkin, while your competition grew watermelons. Small, big or disfigured, they were still actual watermelons in my eyes.

2 points - Lord Abigor - This makes no sense and the grammar and typos are really distracting. Every plot point is random and ridicilous without any explanation. Nice comic sans, though.

3 points - Dump me - The twist is too whack for me and the twist was the only thing that stood out in an otherwise thin on plot entry. The ending question is also strange. One host can't change everything, they don't have the power nor the expertise, really. No reason for a random hacker to turn Cora into an advanced virtual strip club, either... you could maybe think of one, but that should have been in the story then with finding a different way  to put mystery into the story. Didn't do the trick for me, sorry.

4 points - Iamtaba - This was going decently and I even enjoyed the Joe reveal. Everything after that bombed completely and just turned into a "fuck Zodz" story with a turn on the same ending gag you used last round, which didn't succeed with you in it. Neeeehhhh.

5 points - Luke - Not feeling the mystery in this entry, nor suspense or anything that's really interesting here. It's just... empty and the catalyst of events is lackluster. I can't necessarily bring out a lot of flaws, but the entry was a boring read.

6 points - Eth111 - While the implausibility worked for your last round entry, imo it damaged this one. It just didn't have that big comedy feeling. "Have you heard the great news?" turning into a "Joe got IP banned" and then to the actual big reveal was good stuff in the middle, but both the story and the twist were just too thin and boring for it to work.

7 points - Slash - You possibly chose the most generic and repetitive direction of all. It's a rehash of what you've written for the other 2 rounds (including the first round in the previous prose comp that failed at the second round) You keep writing about Zodz and LTU where all the stories end with Zodz losing the throne which follows in an implausible boost to the clan and it's all too similar. The picture was hilarious and the best part. The rest of the story was hit and miss, but at least semi-entertaining. I don't really feel like this should get 7 points for the lack of creativity, but as with the rest of the entries above, the ones before it were even more subpar for me.

8 points - Taro Beast - Lol, this would be a hilarious derp moment. I didn't like the line: "I was left in complete bewilderment as to where the moderators had gone to let new members not only select just rude names but make posts that I would find myself staring at for hours in complete awe and often disgust." At that point in the story, it's cheap misdirection that goes against previous information and simply doesn't click after the twist is revealed. As out there the final twist is, this could in a slightly different sense be kind of plausible, especially when under the influence. You captured the mystery and went for something unique which others didn't. Extra shoutout for the "a different sense of addiction" and "finding a gran to shag in 10 minutes tempting" lines. Good work, I liked it.

Pants's votes:
    most followed the basic plot of cora dyce got better,

Taba- I liked the twist. There wasn’t much plot though. I can summarize the entire thing as andy and zodz messed up, joe became owner who would then proceed to do ban ppl he didn’t like.

Slash – I liked most of it, besides the very end.

Eth- better than tabas, but still a very mediocre plot

Dump me-somehow managed to get less plot than taba

Rock- I didn’t really like this story because of personal preference, but in literary terms it was a complete story.

Luke- I liked the story, but u spelled my name wrong psh pant’s its pants’s derp.

Lord abigor- idk why but I liked, but still very bare.

Taro- didn’t really follow the topic.
    8 Rock
    7 Luke
    6 Slash
    5 Eth
    4 Lord abigor
    3 Iamtaba
    2 Dump me
    1 Taro

Paul's votes:
    Sorry for the late votes! I've been quite busy this weekend so I can't really say why I gave you the score I did in great detail.

8 - Taro Beast - Dang I hate when that happens Mad
    7 - Iamtaba - Lel nice references. I think it should have been Illuminati Dyce Though
    6 - Eth - If only, right? Smile That would be great to have 100+ people active again
    5 - Slash - Try changing the LTU becoming owner part noob
    4 - Inva - Veered from topic a bit
    3 - Rock - Veered from topic as well. Our clan is now a living character? 'o.O
    2 - Dump me - Try fixing your grammer
    1 - Lord Abigor - o.o no idea what's going on here + you used "LTU as admin" again. I feel like LTU rising to power is getting a bit old

Public vote

RankNamePoints
    1.Taro Beast3
    2.Slash2

Taro Beast won 10m.

Round 2 Entries

There were a total of 8 entries.

Iamtaba wrote:After seeing more of zodz' mishandled disputes, I decided to call it a night. In my dreams I saw Zodz finally owning the entirety of Cora Dyce, so it's something close to my worst nightmare actually. Anyways, after I ate breakfast, got dressed and all, I decided to check what's new on Cora Dyce. I nearly went into shock seeing the disgusting minecraft-esque background, and the fact that several sections disappeared (including the spam), several members got banned, and Andy's name was no longer in green just scared the shit at me. At first, I thought that this was obviously the work of Zodz, but why would Andy just give zodz the ownership? CD is still going *somewhat* strong, and he's not inactive enough to not see the several anti-zodz threads. However, I was in for a bigger surprise when Zodz was deranked as well. Inva too. Basically all ranks were deranked, and some were even banned. After looking through the host usergroup, I found out the culprit behind this.
    Joe.
    Mother. Fucking. JOE.
    I then saw one post was made in "give aways" by Joe. The topic was "Hey", here's the OG post:
    "Hey everyone who I haven't banned yet Smile! Sorry, but a few users were really starting to get on my nerve hehe xD so I decided to take a bit of action. After sucking Zodz' dick for a few hours on end, who btw is extremely bribable and is probably the reason why he mishandles disputes so much, I asked him if I could have Minecraft mods, which he gave me. Long story short, Andy screwed up once again and these minecraft mods led me to become owner. Have fun guys, you're in Joe Dyce now. Smile"

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

I whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said “fresh” and there were dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought “naw forget it, yo home to bel-air!” I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie “yo homes smell ya later!” Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Slash wrote:I logged into Cora Dyce, and the place felt really odd. There was  nothing unusual, nothing out of place, but something  just felt different. I was getting these positive vibes, that things would be different today. The future for Cora was looking up.
    So I continued my daily forum routine, checking out the introductions section first, followed by the general/off-topic section and then finally the host section.  To my suprise, there were at least 10+ resignation threads. Chess, KSHMR, Asar, Phat, General_List, even INVA! At the bottom of all these threads there was one that surprised me so hard, that I ended up with not one, not two, but THREE hershey kisses in my underwear.

After all this time, after all of the threads made by him, no one took him seriously. He was serious about leaving (http://www.coradyce.com/t35931-leaving-coradyce), about bringing a change to Cora Dyce (http://www.coradyce.com/t36304-i-give-up), about his LAST ideas ever (http://www.coradyce.com/t36735-last-idea-for-coradyce-from-me) and  now  this...:
    Buying out Cora Dyce: http://www.coradyce.com/t37126-for-how-much-can-i-buy-coradyce
    My positive vibes, all gone. Shattered by this single thread. I log into world 3 spirit tree to see if it was true, was this really the end of Cora Dyce? I got my answer, the place was crowded, our home spot was now surrounded by clan banners and members dressed in red chanting: LTU DYCE. The IRC taken over as well, with bots called "LTUGAMES" and "LTUDYCEBOT". I didn't know what to do, most of the ranks had left and were replaced by LTU's closest friends: medin, HostDas, medic and a few others. No one even knew how LTU had such amounts of cash. More ranks posted their resignation threads, scammers like Baws and Casb had gotten kb'ed. Zodz had gotten de-admined. 'WAIT WHAT?' I thought to myself.  'ZODZ DE-ADMINED?'  My mood had suddenly changed by 360 degrees once again. I was full of joy and excitement, Zodz's derank was probably the best thing to happen to Cora Dyce.  No wonder our home spot was so crowded, no wonder everyone was so happy! I quickly told all of the ranks who posted their resignation threads, and they IMMEDIATELY deleted them before LTU would notice. We were all excited as hell. The bets were rolling in, and we were getting transactions every 5 minutes! It was crazy, we hadn't seen Cora Dyce like this since 2012 (pre-eoc)!  Soon the forums moved over to the website betting we had discussed. Everything was working out well. The ranks and I joined the party in world 3 spirit tree, and chanted along: "LTU DYCE! LTU DYCE! LTU DYCE!...."
    After the party died down, most of the bettors and looters had logged out. The hosts and LTU remained at the spirit tree and discussed how well it had all turned out. LTU kept getting compliments about what he had done, and everyone thanked him so much for it. Just as we were about to log off, Chess asked him a question "LTU, how exactly did you get your hands on 100B of 07?"
    "Remember Andy?" He asked.
    "Yeeaah..?" We all replied
    LTU slowly jerked his head back and looked up to the branches of the Spirit Tree. A small smirk came across his face as he said "He is my son."
    We all stood there stunned with our jaws dropped to the floor, as LTU logged out.

Eth111 wrote:
    If only...

The day starts out normal for Eth111, as he wakes up, gets a drink of water, has a quick breakfast, then logs on to the computer. He first goes to the forum to check on posts. When he goes on the forum, something's a bit odd... The forum is clean of all Zodz hate, flaming toward members, and the Welcome/Farewell Section is full of joining back theeads. "What's going on here..?" said Eth111, outloud. He then goes to the irc to ask questions about the forum when he also has another shock.. they're over 100 people betting on the irc! Also, strangly, there is no sight of Zodz or Andy (not that odd due to Andy not being there 75% of time anyways) anywhere! Eth111 tries to get an explination out of the members, but the channel is filled with spam! He resorts to pm, first pming LMS, asking whats going on. LMS then said "Haven't you heard the great news?" While LMS is typing the next line, Eth111 accidently "X'ed" out his browser, logs back on into the IRC, and unfortunatly, LMS had logged off. He then pms VP0, who is just as confused as I am, exclaiming that Joe had been IP banned from the IRC and the forum. Now with Eth111, being more confused than before, resorts to pming Iamtaba, who tells him the following: "Andy wen't bankrupt and had to sell CoraDyce, luckily, Nr had bought it." The end.

Dump me wrote:Many years ago, Cora Dyce has found a way to keep their Friend chat running and stay very active. On the day gambling was forbidden in Runescape, many people have lost their ways but have stumbled upon Cora Dyce's new way to gamble called IRC. Games like 58x2, dice dual, and blackjack rise to the equation and gave the players the opportunity to keep gambling. As the years gone by, the IRC slowly evolved and changed into something better, something more effective to the players. The day i logged in after work has blown my mind, i didn't know if this was supposed to attract people from playing or if someone surprisingly hacked in and put it there. Who could have done this to the IRC? What was their intention on creating this?
    What i saw looked advanced. It was like a virtual simulation, being in a mixed stripper club/dicing IRC where there were strippers everywhere! Compared to GTA5, you were able to look around and make it raaaiiiin with credits. Everyone was scattered across the room. I looked at the chat and it seems like many people were enjoying their time with this new IRC. I got caught into the fact of how the game has changed so much and how someone could have changed it in one day. Was it one of the host or some random hacker?

Rock wrote:
    The Spirit of Cora

Chapter 1: Zaratros

Where… am I? I said as I have just woken up from what seemed to be a nightmare. I walk around to what seems to be my room. Then suddenly, a mystical white ghost with blazing blue eyes appeared before me. It said to me: “Welcome to the world of Zaratros, I am Anelia; The Forgotten.” I asked Anelia “What? Zaratros? What is this place? Am I on Earth?” She responded saying that I was no longer on Earth and that Earth has been destroyed by Kylios; The Raging Dragon. “This place.... why is it so familiar to Earth? Everything seems the same to me.” I said. “This is a parallel dimension to Earth, We have transported as many people as we could. We could also not stop the revival of Kylios, he is much too powerful for us and there were already many casualties of trying to rescue you humans. I heard you speaking something about ‘Cora’ before, that place is long gone, so is a lot other things. I shall tell you a bit about ‘Cora’”.

Chapter 2: Cora

“Cora. He was a man long before a ‘place’. He was born and raised by Zara who was his father, and Tros who was his mother. When growing up, Cora found how corrupt this world is so he decided to learn magic. As years went by he became a Sorcerer’s Apprentice and that was as far as he could go. One day Cora saw a spell in his book about creating another dimension. That dimension is Zaratros, named after his mother and father whom he deeply loved. He saw an envision in the future that Kylios would one day be revived and destroy Earth. So that is why he created Zaratros. Cora then decided to turn himself into a place where everyone can be protected from evil. That is how Cora Dyce orignated. In Cora Dyce, there were only people with pure hearts that lived here, if you had the slightest of evilness you would be kicked out immediately. Although, there were some ways around Cora’s magic to make it seem like you were pure hearted. One day, a group of sorcerers who seemed “Pure Hearted” decided to create magic to revive Kylios. The leader of the group was Enva, who was known to be a mage with the power of a Wizards Eye, the highest name you can get for a mage.”

Chapter 3: The Revival of Kylios

“Enva, who was known to have equal power to a Wizards Eye managed to revive Kylios but the thing they couldn’t do was control Kylios. All of the sorcerers that helped revive Kylios were slained except for Enva. Enva  knew he could not control it so he fled from the scene with major injuries on him. Cora, still turned into a place turned back into human form and slayed off Enva as he saw this as the only chance while Enva was weakened.  The big problem now though, was that Kylios was on a rampage destroying everything in its ways. Cora called upon his people at Zaratros to come here and transport everyone back there as he knew Earth was at it’s end. Many of Cora’s people were killed in the process when being transported and that is when Cora got mad and went straight for the kill of Kylios.”

Chapter 4: The Death of Cora

“Cora tried to fight Kylios but he was much too powerful. Cora lasted a long time against Kylios but then was no match and was killed by him. When Cora died, the rest of Cora Dyce on Zaratros disappeared as well. The only thing that managed to survive was Zaratros itself. It was astounding of how Zaratros survived as we all feared the magic that created this dimension would fade as soon as the creator died.  Zaratros survived as it was not only Cora who created this dimension, it was also the spirit’s of Cora’s parents who helped create it. We are not sure when we will ever be able to go back to Earth as Kylios burned everything down. Anyways, that is the story of Cora for you.”

Luke wrote:Week leading up;
    Someone once asked Inva about Coradyce, and the best sentence he could use to sum up his feelings about the clan. He decided upon saying this; there is much to see in the window but there is nothing actually in the room. You might ask, what does this mean? Well that’s easy, there is always so many good ideas for the future of the clan. But, these ideas are never implemented or implemented correctly. That has been the history of the clan and while looking at host section this seems like it will ever to change.
    The actual day;
    During the stages of September 2014, I had given up on looking at the host section when I first woke up. When I first received my perm rank, it would be the first thing that I would do once I had woke. But after you realise the lack of anything happening or people trying to improve the clan that same nostalgia and anticipated cease to exist. Some of this was caused by the ranks, who seemingly couldn’t give two shits about the clan and were only here for dollar signs. But, most of the credit has to go to the two dictating couple of the clan Andy and Zodz.
    But surprisingly, the couple had decided to do something, they had decided to finally create the new forums. After the three to four year wait, they had been implemented! It must have taken some serious negotiating for Andy to convince Zodz that adding a black market to the forums was needed. Zodz did well though, he realised that adding a black market isn’t a big deal considering gambling was already against the rules.
    With the creation of the new forums, some new members actually came to the clan in which lead Cora dyce to regain the sorts of community that was dreamt about every night for an extended period of time by a lot of the older members. It was so strange to log onto the Irc during the Australian time zone and not see a gap of 45 minutes in between messages because Pant’s bot had disconnected. It was definitely a sight for sore eyes, to say the least.
    With Cora once again obtaining a community Andy had decided that it was a great idea to implement plans to keep the community and not let it deteriorate into nothing, like it had before. Most surprised member out of all of this had definitely been Phat4tw, he kept reminding Inva every night of Skype how Cora wasn’t going anywhere and how had he stayed in the clan for over a year.

p.s; wrote in 14 minutes and 32 seconds. 2 ez (ye I actually timed myself) I went there..

Lord Abigor wrote:"You get high cards, all cards go low on table. You get low, all cards go high.". Thats what LTU said when hes raging and decided to quit coradyce. Many of the members ignore him. BUT!, Zodz just made a drama and declared a war against LTU. On another LTU post, he just cursing Zodz with full of his energy. They started being a keyboard warrior on that post. No one dares to reply to these keyboard warrior "conversation". Their drama thread just made a new coradyce record with with a total of 6901 page and 123189421 words in just one day. Andy locked the thread once but zodz unlocked it back and love being a keyboard warrior. On the next day, when i woke up, i just ran to my laptop and open the coradyce website. I was looking for the thread of their "war" but... what i found out is LTU is a new admin of coradyce and Zodz is the owner of Coradyce.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Taro Beast wrote:Logging into Cora Dyce was always a highlight of my day and something that filled me with anticipation and excitement as I prepared to read the new hilarious topics on the forums whilst gambling and socialising with the other members on the clans IRC. The page was open as always, a permanent tab on my web browser. But as I clicked over to the forums an icy cold shiver coursed through my body as complete confusion and horror filled the normal happiness I felt on my daily visit.
    Something wasn’t right. Nothing at Cora made sense. The site was still bustling with life but the atmosphere had changed. It felt dirty, contaminated. There was a different sense of addiction filling the air. Gone was the familiarity of new ridiculous spam topics and debates replaced by all of the users making much less comical comments or uploading unique pictures and videos. Adverts littered the page, offering extraordinary ways of ‘growing my penis up to 6 inches bigger instantly’ and ‘find a gran to shag in 10 minutes’. Although tempting, this didn’t feel like the normal Cora.
    But how could it have changed so much? I had only been on here yesterday. Nothing had seemed out of place then. It was as if all of my memories of Cora had been a dream. Nothing but a lie. What was set out before me was in stark contrast to everything I remembered. Was that all it had been? A dream? How could I have been so wrong? So many questions, but no answers. A hollowness filled me, as though my whole life had lost all meaning.
    But there was something else. Something that didn’t fit. None of the users seemed familiar. Names that I remember being a constant presence in the forums like ‘Nr’, ‘Zodz’ and the humorous ‘Allen1’ were replaced with the more vulgar ‘ExtraBigDik’ and ‘Creampies4days’. I was left in complete bewilderment as to where the moderators had gone to let new members not only select such rude names but make posts that I would find myself staring at for hours in complete awe and often disgust.
    But everything suddenly clicked. The sudden realisation hit me like a blow to the face. Every comment filled with perversion. The unusual usernames and the repetition of words such as ‘fapping’. It all made sense now. I checked my browser to make sure, and it removed all doubt. There was only one thing that could have caused Cora to change so much overnight.

I had logged into my PornHub account not Cora Dyce.

Last edited by Nr on 2015-03-04, 03:22; edited 14 times in total

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Rounds 3-4

Post by Nr on 2015-02-08, 20:02

Click here to view round 3:

Round 3

Topic: The story must contain a chess analogy that has significance in or applies to the story.
    Genre: Any.

This round you've got to please pants the most out of the judges. You've got free reign over whatever you write about, but a chess analogy needs to have an important place in the story.

Bear in mind: Unlike the last two rounds, this round is not contained to Cora Dyce. Write about anything and anyone you want to write about.

* You have 5 days to submit your entry. The deadline is Saturday the 28th 21:00 GMT.
    * If you've already submitted, you can still update your entry by re-sending it before the deadline.

Round Results

RankNamePoints
    1.Meiru11
    2.Slash11
    3.Iamtaba10
    4.Taro Beast7
    5.Rock6

Judges vote

Nr's votes:
    Round 3 votes and commentary which are merely my personal opinion.

1 point - Taro Beast - I have no idea what's going on in the story and you overdid the analogy to a point where it can't make sense anymore. A school setting turns into a battlefield on a cliff with little Timmy becoming queen after brutally slaughtering his classmates, transitioning to Timmy sashaying through the school hall flaunting her new assets? A group fighting for more transgender presence in literature might love this, but I'm out.

2 points - Rock - A really good and unique idea for the story with a similarly promising first 3 chapters, that you decided to divide the story into. 4 lines into the final and what you chose to be the largest chapter, the story turns into WTF galore and keeps the course until the end -- and the end took time to reach. After all, cutting the length would have probably been a good option here. It was indeed too long and the content didn't keep me hooked enough to not notice the length. I suppose you especially rushed the fourth chapter since the drop in quality is sudden. I didn't like it, sorry.

3 points - Slash - Glad you went for short and simple. I think it would have worked better if you either made the situation for the forces more drastic to have to send a group with only one week's worth of training on such an integral mission or made it so Mark would be forced to divert from his tasks to accomplish the goal by chance. Current state of the story, I don't find it plausible that a 17-year-old pulled into training would be given a task of such importance in the current circumstances. I did however think you did a great job with the analogy and didn't overdo the story. Imo not many steps away from being good. Decent effort.

4 points - Meiru - I see you've decided to go for anime, the same as Rock, likewise turn your story into chapters too. Coming across a high general named Zodzz in here somewhere was unnerving, lol. This line is both hilarious and creepy:
    “Your skill is amazing as always,” the High General said. “As is your beauty,”

Not sure there was enough of a reason for her to be assigned to go in alone, the plan wasn't developed well enough storywise for me to completely accept it. Despite the possible hole in the story with the plan, High General Zodzz and the annoying glorification of the female protagonist's beauty that radical feminists would either instantly dig or forcefully bury, there's striking writing here, particularly in character work and worldbuilding. Plus the story is complete. Excellent usage of the analogy also, could have just done with less mentions of how she's a pawn before the grand finale. I enjoyed it, good work!

5 points - Iamtaba - Zugs Wang, lmao. These chess puns are hilarious too, you've managed to incorporate far more of them than my knowledge of chess could handle -- thanks, Google. I almost missed the analogy in the story, but then realized "the final move" is it. Brilliant job, Icy. Really.

Pants's votes:
    Meiru- 3 things wrong with it. 1 really really cheesy ending. 2 long 3 not an anime fan and I kinda dreaded reading it. I was gunna do the scoring three times and the first two I saw urs and left.

Rock- the beginning was cheesy too but I didn’t mind it as much as meirus cheesy ending. If meiru is cheese from a can, yours is KRAFT singles. I hated the “I get it now. It reflects the players charisma, leadership, and the potential of leadership when they move” says Garchuo. It was breaking the game. I talked myself down to a strong disliking of it. I followed the game and by like 5 moves in you lost me. The dialogue was annoyingly fake drama.

Taba- it made me smile, bad story though, but I smiled so ur da real mvp

Slash- I liked it. So far the only chess reference (barely a chess reference) that didn’t make me cringe.

Taro I liked the symbolism. Small note, the pieces work together rather against each other. In the game of the century, fischer sacrificed his queen for a plan that involved the unison of his pieces to combine into a huge attacking force.

5 taro
    4 slash
    3 taba
    2 meiru
    1 rock

Paul's votes:
    5 - Meiru
    4 - Slash
    3 - Rock
    2 - Iamtaba
    1 - Taro Beast

Public vote

No one voted.

Round 3 Entries

There were a total of 5 entries.

Meiru wrote:I – Beginnings
    “115KN, report for combat testing immediately,” the announcer boomed. My callsign was called. I put on my plain military garb, strapped my sheathed blade onto my hip, and ran towards the testing area. Although I was in a large camp, the testing area was easily identifiable due to the scent of death and toil that emanated from the area. It was also the largest portion of the military camp. I arrived at the entrance and greeted the guardsman who let me into the testing area.
    “115KN, are you ready?” the announcer boomed. Reaching to my side, I unsheathed a long, ornamented katana as my response. The clean silver glow reflected the dazzling sun that shone from above. “Releasing Enemy: Behemoth”
    I sighed and got ready for “testing” as usual.
    II – The Call of Duty
    “Your skill is amazing as always,” the High General said. “As is your beauty,”
    “I know you didn’t call me for routine testing, General,” I replied, ignoring the obvious compliment. “A Behemoth to start the day means I’m going to the front lines, correct?”
    “Correct. Consider it a promotion,”
    “Promotion? You mean becoming your pawn is a promotion? Hah, don’t make me laugh!”
    “You would do well to not take me lightly, Azira. Being on the front lines is no trivial task. You will earn much honor for yourself out there. You might even—”
    “General Zodds,” I suddenly said. “Because I am sworn to this land’s safety, I will go to the front lines. However, do not take me as just a common soldier. I insist that you assign me to the most appropriate battalion out there. Perhaps I should join the Zealots? They are a formidable—“
    “About that,” the High General said. “Your battalion will indeed be a special one because you will be the only one in it,”
    “What? Surely you jest. I may possess extraordinary skill in battle, but to do this is to commit suicide. The Rebels would kill me or capture me easily,”
    “Understand this. I have a special plan for you to end the rebellion. But you must do as I say. Remember, you are simply just a pawn…”
    III – The Plan
    I stalked out into the forest. Fighting broke out everywhere. The sounds of dying soldiers rang throughout the battlefield. Orders from above said that the army was going to unleash a final grand assault on the rebels. The rebellion has been going on for far too long. I was assigned to the front lines with the assault team by myself of course. I trudged through the thick foliage of the great forest. Everywhere looked like a possibility of an ambush, but I was ready. I had already dispatched unlucky assault squads that had crossed my path. Intel suggested that the rebellion’s main base had a blind spot that was accessible by taking a path through the forest. Sure enough, a supply route led straight into the back of the base. I quickly stepped towards the entrance, but I got careless and got hit with a dart. The fast-acting sedatives quickly immobilized my body, and I fell to the ground, my vision blurring.
    IV – The End of the Rebellion
    I finally awoke strapped to a chair, how cliché. The room I was in was poorly lit and clearly run down. The ceiling was peeling and the walls had cracks in them. A lonely door in front of me on the opposite wall was the only decoration in the room. My katana lay on the opposite corner where I was. Even in a dimly lit room, I could pick out the red trimming on the handle and sheath. I still wore the black coat with red trimming that I had marched out with, which was good. Suddenly, the door opened and a group of men emerged from it.
    “So,” the apparent leader of them bluntly spat. “The little mistress is finally awake huh?”
    “Mmm,” one of his lackeys purred. “She’s a gorgeous one,”
    “Yeah, but she’s mine!” another lackey said and reached out to grab me. I gathered my momentum and spun my chair in a full circle extremely fast and knocked the man across the room. The other lackeys looked ready to fight, but the boss called them off.
    “Oh she’s a fighter all right. I don’t think you know me. I’m the leader of this whole damn rebellion! And now I’m gonna kill you dead.”
    “Yeah!” the lackey I knocked over called out. “You’re gonna die!”
    “Oh, really?” I retorted.
    “I think you need convincing on how much of a stupid pawn you really are,” the leader snorted. The leader ordered the lackeys to get their guns out. Each man pulled out a machine gun pointed at my head. “Maybe if you beg for mercy, I’ll have a little fun with you before I murder you,”
    “This is so funny!” I cheerfully said, as I bursted out laughing.
    “HEY! WHAT’S SO FUNNY?” the leader yelled as he grabbed my collar.
    “You do realize who I am right?”
    “Huh? You’re just a pawn!” a lackey cried.
    “Correction. I was a pawn,” were my last words before I sprung into action.
    I quickly dislodged myself from my restraints and headbutted the leader in the chin. The restraints were poorly tied so escaping was easy; I was only pretending to be immobilized.  In the confusion, I launched a lightning-fast kick that launched the hunched-over leader to the other side of the room. I then sprang for my katana, dodging the other lackeys’ attempts to restrain me. I retrieved the blade and unsheathed it right when the lackeys got the order to open fire. My lightning fast agility came in handy as I sprang quickly to the right. Steel met flesh and bone, but to my katana it was all the same as I impaled the first unlucky lackey through the chest and used his corpse to block the oncoming fire. I flung the body at two other lackeys when they reloaded and knocked them into the wall with a satisfying cracking noise. Three other lackeys remained and opened fire again. I spun my katana in a wide circle in front of me at high speeds, deflecting all the bullets right back at them, instantly killing them. The only one left was the leader sprawled out on the floor, bewildered at the events that just took place. I walked triumphantly towards his quivering body.
    “But…” he stammered. “But… You’re just a pawn! A woman pawn!”
    “You fool,” I bluntly said. “What happens when a pawn gets to the back? Behind all the defenses? I’m the queen now,”
    “I’ll… I’ll have your head for this!”
    “Sorry,” I said while raising my katana.
    “Checkmate.”

Rock wrote:Purple: Ryza
    Teal: Garshuo
    The Challenger

Chapter 1: The Coronation of  a new Queen.

In an alternate world to Earth where only games are played and wars are prohibited, lies a God who is the King of the world. The major rule of this world is if you are caught cheating that is grounds loss for the game.  There are 14 other races besides humans that reside on this world. Ryza, a human who is undefeated in the games she has played is about to become the Queen for humanity. Many speculate that Ryza has been cheating when playing games but there could not be any proof. Today is when Ryza is coronated to become the Queen of humanity. “If anyone objects her to become the Queen, please object now.” said the minister. “I object! I object!” said a mysterious man. “So do you wish to challenge her for the spot of Queen?” said the minister. “Yup. This isn’t child’s play, a child can not become Queen. I will challenge you for the spot so I can become king. The game I choose is Chess.”

Chapter 2: Challenge Accepted.

“Hold up a minuted, you can’t just come up here and challenge me!” said Ryza. “Oh you sure? Would you guys allow a girl who has been working with an elf to become the Queen of humanity now?” said the mysterious man. The crowd is puzzled as they wonder if Ryza did cheat. Ryza is worried she might caught so she accepts this mans offer of playing a game of chess. “The name’s Garchuo, who will be the next leader for humanity.” said Garchuo. “This game will take place a week from today at the King’s Room. No spectators are allowed, the room will be sealed off.” says Ryza.

Chapter 3: Let the games begin.

A week has passed. Garchuo and Ryza meet up at the doorway of the King’s Room. They both enter and the door shuts behind them with a magical seal. A large chessboard appears in front of them, they both go to their podiums. “In this game you say what piece you want to move, for example if I said ‘B4 to B5”, it’ll move one up. Got it? The chess pieces also have a mind of their own.” says Ryza. “Yea yea, I get it. Let’s get the game going.”

Chapter 4: The game.

“You can have the first move, because I’m obviously not going to lose my position to become the Queen.” says Ryza. “D2 to D4” says Garchuo and the piece moves up 2 spaces. “G7, forward.” says Ryza. G7 moves up three spaces. “What!? That’s against the rules.” says Garchuo. “I told you didn’t I? The chess pieces have a mind of their own.” says Ryza. “I get it now. It reflects the players charisma, leadership, and the potential of leadership when they move” says Garchuo. “You’re right. Don’t you think it’s the perfect game to decide who becomes leader of humanity?” says Ryza. “Knight to C3”. "F7, Foward." "E2 to E4" "F5, take her piece." "C3, take E4. H2 to H3. Knight, take H3. Queen to H5, Check." "A3 protect the King." "F2 to F4." "F2 to F4." "I see. Sometimes the pieces won't move. The soldier knows he won't go to a place where he knows he'll be killed. Only a level of morale that borders on madness could make them do that. I guess sacrificing pieces isn't an option." "What are you going to do now? Time is running out." Garshuo repeatedly tries to take enemy pieces but his pieces won't move as he knows they will die. Hours pass by and Garshuo still can't think of any pieces to move then finally he found one. "ATTENTION ALL FORCES, BY MY AUTHORITY AS KING ANYONE WHO FIGHTS VALIANTLY IN THIS BATTLE, WILL EARN THE RIGHT TO BANG ANY WOMAN THEY LIKE!" "DO WHAT?!" "AND ALL OF YOU SOLDIERS FIGHTING ON THE FRONT LINE: IF WE WIN, YOU ARE EXCUSED FROM FURTHER MILITARY DUTIES, AND GIVEN AN EXEMPTION ON TAXES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES, AS WELL AS A MONETARY REWARD FROM YOUR COUNTRY! THEREFORE, VIRGINS, DO NOT DIE! AND ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO HAVE A FAMILY OR LOVED ONES, COME BACK ALIVE! THAT IS AN ORDER!" Garshuo's warriors are pumped up and all move to fight Ryza's troops. "I realized the game I'm playing isn't chess, it's a strategy game. Just watch, this game is right up my alley. PAWN SQUAD 6! The enemy is advancing from the front line! Intercept them and cut them off! HE CAN'T DO THAT! "CAVALRY SQUAD 2! Don't waste the oppurtunity the pawns gave you! You, King and Queen! Get your asses to the front lines!" Wait! It's my turn! "Huh? What kind of fool waits for their enemies 'turn'?" "Pawns, advance from a defensive wall!" "Hah! Look at those fools hiding themselves behind their own troops! What kind of leader makes their men fight in the front line while he sits in the back relaxing?! Listen to me soldiers, this battle will decide who controls humanity! This battle will determine the fate of humanity! Open your eyes, do you want to give the nation's crown to a foolish girl like her?! If I win, I will be your King! Just me from hours ago, closed off my thoughts for your sakes, to lead you to victory! And you call yourselves men?!" "What is this overwhelming power?!" "Proud knights, bishops, rooks! Show me deeds befitting your rank! Back up the pawns so they may do their duty!" "That's impossible!" "That's right. You're secretly using elf power to increase the morale of your knights! You explain it all the way by saying you have more charisma than we do. Of course, it's the perfect way to cheat.But you made one mistake." "What?!" "Throughout all of history, no wise king has ever forced his army to obey him through oppression. People will only truly fight for what is right. And there is truly only one thing that is truly right in this world!" "One thing that's truly right?" "The one true, unchanging righteousness in this world is... cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seeks cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" "That's...That's not... As long I can't find out what race is helping them they can't figure out who's helping me. King to E6!" The pieces that are attacking Ryza's troops have somehow turned into her troops. "This is bad. ALL TROOPS RETREAT AT ONCE! The enemy is using brainwashing magic!" "He found out?! It's okay... they have no proof of me doing it. And if they can't prove I'm cheating, I win. All forces advance!" "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! I screwed up! I screwed up! I screwed up! I thought she only had one trick up her sleeve and I eliminated any other possibilities! Why couldn;t I figure out that one last thing?!" "Take the enemy's King's head, Queen. This is checkmate." "QUUEEEEENNNN!" Garshuo says, the enemy Queen suddenly stops her attack. "Queen, put down your sword. You are... beautiful! Oh, Queen... please just once consider this: Is that king worthy of your service? That king who brainwashes his soldiers, uses them as weapons and tools, and even forces you to bear the brunt of the assault? Is he worthy of your sword? Please reconsider! Who are your people? Where are those you must protect!" The enemy queen suddenly becomes an ally to Garshuo's troops. "Impossible! This can't be happening!" "Gee hee. Romance games are one of the few games that I played and it actually worked for me gaining your Queen. But what do I do now? Gaining one piece isn't enough for me to win the game, it really changed nothing!" "Pft, I shouldn't be intimidated by them! Knight, slay the traitor Queen!" "She took the bait!" The knight could not slay his own queen, The traitor queen walked up to the knight and hugs him turning the knight into another of Garshuo's pieces. "You know, there's more than one way to win a game. The other way to win a game is without having to fight! Queen, I beg of you. You do not have to join us, but look at your king! He's been struck by madness! I believe that you are the only one that can lead your people now! Do you not agree with me? Queen, make your choice." The queen decides to go over on Garshuo's side, making all of Ryza's troops turn into troops of Garshuo's. Game over. Garshuo has won. Garshuo was then crowned the king of humanity.

Iamtaba wrote:John is an intelligent student in elementary, and above anything, he enjoyed the thrill of pawning his classmates in a friendly game of chess. His biggest rival in the class was Zugs Wang, another master in the field. John usually referred to Zogs Wang as en passant, for he wore the clothes of a simple farm boy.

Several years later, the two had became the best chess players in the world. They met each other at a FIDE tournament, and John even brought his fianchetto watch the game. The game soon began, and it was about time to end this bitter rivalry.

At first, John was just blitzing through his opponent. He managed to capture all of his opponent's pawns, while only sacrificing a knight in the process. However, things soon turned into a blunder for the poor guy. After making several rookie mistakes, John started to become desperado. He tried to find a way out of the trap, but Wang enprised him with moves unthinkable. Wang exclaimed to John:"You're quite the woodpusher, I expected much more from you."

After hearing these words, John managed to get his focus back on the game. With only 2 rooks and his king up against Wang's army, he played the most tactical and pressured game he experienced in his life. He managed to lessen the entire force to just the queen and the king. Zogs started to tear up, and beg for John's mercy. "Alekhine do after this is go back to the farm, please, I really need to win this to get accepted into a good uni as a scholar!"

Although John's mind was set on winning, he felt the need to let Zogs win this one. Although their rivalry had went on for several years now, he can't help but feel pity for his former classmate.

And so, John decided to suicide chess the remaining 2 of his rooks. However, he saw a sinister look upon Zogs' face, and Zogs revealed that he was actually a millionaire who was extremely jealous of John since they were kids. Despite the jeering of the crowd, Zogs was about to make the final move on Jo-

*GUNSHOT*

Panic.

Slash wrote:"Mark." the naive teenage boy replied after being questioned his name.
    "Your age?" asked the officer.
    "Seven-teen."
    "Ever had any experience in combat before?"
    "No."
    "Ever used a gun?"
    "No." Mark replied.
    Mark had lost his Dad to the Germans in the war. He was an only child, who was abandoned by his mother the night of his father's death. Confused and furious, poor Mark couldn't think straight. He was helpless and alone. His rage got the best of him, and a few days later he had found himself at the military head-quarters signing up to be in the war. His country, needed the people so they were accepting, and in some cases, even forcefully making, any male above the age of 17 join the battle.
    After the officer asked him some quick necessary questions, he was immediately put in a week of training. During the training, the officers had told all of the young men that the enemy had information on nuclear powers, which would probably be their last hope. Once the training was completed, fit enough or not you were thrown into the battlefield.
    Mark did not try and kill anyone. He continued his path, in attempt to reach enemy territory to capture their nuclear powers. But unfortunately it was only a matter of time before he encountered some real combat. Two Nazis coming his way, they hadn't noticed him as he was camouflaged with the ground and was crawling his way throughout. He had to deviate from his path and attack them. Before he was about to take the shot, his fellow soldiers took it for him, one of them died but they had killed 2 of theirs. He was thankful, and nodded to them, as they all continued down their own paths. With the help of his companions, and the rare attacks he had to make, changing his course, Mark finally had made it to Enemy territory, capturing the nuclear information, and sending it back to his captains. Within a few weeks the nuclear bomb was made. Knowing that using the bomb would destroy most of their own territory, they still fired as it was their only hope. They all witnessed the missile launch into the air, and were temporarily blinded by the immense amount of light

Mark was killed in the collateral damage. Fortunately a few officers who were able to witness his actions, had survived. His story was told throughout history and was known as "The Pawn Who Won The War."

Taro Beast wrote:I went a little over the word limit (100 or so) and I really didnt have much time to do this Sad I hope I didnt miss the deadline...

There were three main groups of people at school. The Rooks, the Bishops and the Knights. The Rooks were the cool kids. Key qualities of a Rook were direct, arrogant and often retarded. The Bishops were the smart kids, always thinking outside of the box and finding alternative angles in everything they did. And the Knights. They were always pissed out of their minds and couldn’t manage to walk in a straight line as well as being extremely aggressive and violent. All of the groups were very different from each other, but they were all agreed on one thing. The Pawns, or the outsiders were scum and they would do everything to make their lives a misery. It was a lonely life, one that often resulted in suicide for those unfortunate enough to be subjected to such torment.

Stories and poems spoke of a quest that would allow the lowly pawn to become the most powerful person on the planet. They spoke of ‘The End’ and the rich reward of becoming a ‘Queen’. Such a quest was not without its perils however. They spoke of 4 waves of enemies a hero would have to face, before being able to claim their prize. Each enemy had its own strengths, but also its own weaknesses.

But despite the stories he had heard, Timmy was determined. Before him lay only one path he could take. No turns or hills. Just one long road, sheer drops on either side with wave after wave biding their time. Waiting their turn. But this wasn’t going to stop Timmy. He knew what he had to do. The first wave of foes were weak, predictable. He cast them aside with ease and moved on without looking back. The next foes posed more of a challenge. They were large, muscular warriors with a deafening war cry. Their strength was immense but their movements were cumbersome and Timmy exploited this weakness to out manoeuvre them and push them off the cliff. The third wave was even tougher. The enemy was cunning. They hid on either cliff drop and waited to ambush him. But in their haste to attack they got in each other’s way, hindering their almost perfectly plan. Timmy ploughed through their ranks with his sword, sending them scuttling back down the slopes. The final round was the toughest of all. Their technique was brilliant and they were extremely agile. Timmy quickly realised however they had one huge flaw. They were extremely competitive. They wanted all of the glory for themselves. He used this to his advantage and manipulated them into turning on each other, and whilst they slaughtered themselves to extinction, Timmy quietly snuck through unseen, and continued on the long path, now devoid of life.

He walked for hours, without incident, when suddenly without warning the path stopped and a well lay before him. Confused he looked into the well and heard a deep voice erupt through the hole.
    'If you wish to be given the ultimate reward, you must first provide the ultimate sacrifice to prove you are worthy.’
    Timmy knew what he had to do. Without a second thought he swan dived into the well and into the darkness, a smile etched on his face.

School started with a bang the following day. A large figure smashed through the gates as Timmy majestically entered the school, fear engulfing the other pupils. He wasn’t this small pathetic pawn anymore. He was flawless. He was a Queen. As he charged at the pupils. Many ran away, even more simply fainted. One even shat himself. They all begged for mercy, but no mercy was coming on this day. It was time for Timmy to get his vengeance.

The screams of pain and fear could be heard from miles away as Timmy swept through the ranks of pupils and got his revenge. A smile crept across his face as he went about his gruesome work. No one would mess with him anymore. Nothing could stop him.

Morale of the story…Don’t pick on someone smaller or weaker than you. Because they might become a Queen and beat the shit out of you.

Click here to view Round 4:

Round 4

Topic: The story must take place in space.
    Genre: Horror. Make it scary.

Bear in mind: Unlike the first two rounds, this round is also not contained to Cora Dyce. Write about anything and anyone you want to write about.

* You have 5 days to submit your entry. The deadline is Monday the 23rd 21:00 GMT.

Round Results

Judges vote

RankNamePoints
    1.Taro Beast18
    2.Meiru14
    3.Slash13
    4.Iamtaba8
    5.Eth1117
    6.Lord Abigor3

Taro Beast won 15m.

Nr's votes:
    1 point - Lord Abigor - Some fun light nonsense as usual with your entries. And as usual with my points, as much as I love reading these, I can't give them decent points as they all look like they were thrown together in 2 minutes and there's no logical cohesion in the story or the prose.

2 points - Eth - Ugh. That dress is EVERYWHERE! A few instances of Lord Abigor pacing in here. "They arrived at the new station because, oh, the last one burned up and fell to Earth". The premise is fun, but there's no horror and the handling of the story is boring.

3 points - Iamtaba - Gapping lack of logic in the entire foundation of space and space exploration missions ft. a rat that stayed alive in a spaceship for 10 days and ate all the food -- and... a planet made of food among other idiocy. Ayy lmao. Nonsense, kind of funny. I'll give you the 3 for pulling off a decent spoof and not being exactly distant from the horror angle, but winning this round with it isn't going to happen.

4 points - Slash - I think you could have done a lot better than an implausible random change occuring in the universe. I wasn't convinced in the explanations and motivations presented in your world. A lot of things could have done with going over or explained more for the sake of logic like the population increasing during the war for example. Could have used a proofread, usage of she for the brother is one part. The ending is creepy, but doesn't really fit in the story either imo. There are still quite a few positive things to bring out such as the description of the big knock on the door moment, the description of monotonous life on Mars and a good attempt at centering the story around space. Decent effort, but not really there.

5 points - Meiru - A lot of fancy description and raised questions without answers, a fatal overdose of ambiguity and barely any story. Tl;dr: Some person wakes up with no knowledge of what's going on around them, attacked by some other creature, saved by some other person and then passes out. This didn't read as a short story, it read as a fraction of something bigger. Should have used the area for the technically superfluous parts of description to tighten the story. The quality of the description may have been excellent and I'd very well be interested in reading the continuation, but storywise for a short story competition -- what was the point? There wasn't much of a reason for the story to take place in space either... apart from the alien. Deciding between 4/5 was difficult for me, I'm going to give you the 5 by a small advantage because even with the lack of story, my eyes didn't stop to notice all the flaws as they did with Slash's.

6 points - Taro Beast - Excellent work! Great usage of the space topic, not too long, not too short, scary, emotional and tells a surprisingly deep short story. I have nothing remotely negative to bring out. My favourite entry in the entire competition and you're already the overall winner in my books. Can't see it going any other way in reality either now.

Pants's votes:
    abigor- Story was ok, the grammar made it hard to read and ruined the flow.

Taba-not bad, but ive seen this 100 times before. Write the word flower 100 different times. It can only get so interesting after 100 times. That’s how I feel

Slash- I wanted to give u last because u put mars behind Neptune, like wtf.  I’m trying to figure out which is more ridiculous, the fact that a planet would literally pick itself up and move to the back of the solar system or the fact that mars would be frozen if it were behind Neptune.
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I would have been completely fine with it was any planet capable of sustaining life.

But I liked the story
    But srsly
    So bad

Eth- heh I chuckled, didn’t like the ending though

Taro- I liked it, but thought it as a smidge less creative than slash’s. However, I put you ahead because slash’s was … read comment.

Meiru- it was a little cliché, but still pretty good and descriptive.
    6 taro
    5 slash
    4 meiru
    3 eth
    2 taba

1 abigor

Paul's votes:
    1 - Lord Abigor - Your grammar and my failure to comprehend what was going on was scarier
    2 - Eth - Quite a bit of spelling mistakes; the story wasn't that scary at all. On top of all this you kept switching between your present and past tense.
    3 - Iamtaba - I like the journal idea. Try to make it a bit scarier though.
    4 - Slash - Good introduction and plot. I enjoyed reading it and wasn't expecting that ending.
    5 - Meiru - Awesome story and descriptions. It was a hard choice to make, but I had to put you in 5th instead of 6th...Sad
    6 - Taro Beast - Someone give this man a cookie. Good writing throughout. I could tell you were dedicated and spent a lot of time on this. Overall, exemplary writing - nice job!

Round 4 Entries

There were a total of 6 entries.

Lord Abigor wrote:
    The Planet Of Vampire

On 2102, the human race need to find another planet.The earth suffered a lack of food resources because 10 years before that happened,Joe Slashy, an artist which created millions of song using the world resources only to create his song.(Dont know why!). He disappeared 2 years later without any news,probably shot to dead by Rand the Thor(gangster).

One year later (2103), an asian guy found and discovered a new planet which is called the blue planet. He discovered that the planet has all the resources human race needed. The migration begin to transfer human from the earth to the "blue planet".During the transfer, Rand the Thor decided to stay on earth for one more year because he says he want to do something "good". The human race built a castle and live in there.

Rand came to the planet early and all of a sudden he invited his friends to go to a desert without telling a reason. Rand the Thor and his group went there. They slept at a cave middle of the desert. At night, the sky which was red colour turns blue and the desert colour turn red. Rand the Thor noticed someone watching them in the desert but he ignored it. The night past and they continue their journey.

The next night, again, Rand noticed someone at their camp, he woke up and goes there alone. Then, he was kidnapped by the vampires. Trabula, the vampires king asked Rand to travel back to earth but Rand refused and ran from the vampire castle. The vampires let him go but...

His group found Rand in the middle of desert then Rand told his friends about what happened last night. His friend told rand that Andy, one of Rand group members went missing last night and they found him half buried and his brain pale near their camp.

On their way back to their castle, they saw many bodies without brain on the route. He then found his family body and shocked. When they arrived to the castle, Trabula the Vampire King aka Joe Slashy was there.They had a negotiation about returning to earth but Rand refused and wishes to die there with his family. Joe then killed RAnd group and ate their brain.

The truth is, the asian guy knew that the planet is a planet which everyone that died being shot live with their restless soul and he planned to kill Rand all the human race for no reason. He made an agreement with Joe Slashy to transfer all the human race to the planet. Joe Slashy who shot to dead by Rand eat Rand brain and he live happily ever after even he's dead. More shocking is Rand also knew about it. During the last year of Rand at earth(as told on 2nd paragraph), he went to the asian guy office then found the conversation of the asian guy with the Vampire. He failed to save the human race when he refused Vampire the King offer.

Slash wrote:Life on mars was far from the understanding of an average human being. For years scientists have been studying our solar system, scrutinizing each and every planet. Mars always seemed to be the planet that had the highest possibility of supporting life for human beings. This was mainly due to the fact that they had found evidence of life on Mars in the past. Mars was covered in water millions of years ago, but as time passed the water evaporated due to the hot atmosphere of the planet.
    In the year of 2600, when the World was in chaos and desperation, a random change occurred in the solar system. The planet Mars, had somehow revolved around each of its preceding planets and ended up at the back of the line, right behind Neptune. The change was unexplainable. A group of scientists concluded by this observation that if Mars were to have reached so far back, away from the Sun, it's temperature would've decreased by an immense amount. The hot atmosphere of Mars would be sufficient enough to keep the planet's temperature stabilized, which would make a weather suitable for human beings, similar to that of Earth's!
    The Earth was at war. Resources decreasing, population increasing, lands being taken over. Mars was it's last hope. Of course no one was willing to travel to space. Most of the world was terrified, including my family and I. Even though the war wasn't going on anywhere near the city, we all were still pretty scared. War at Earth, unknown possibilities at Mars. It was a dilemma. When things couldn't get any worse a new law was enforced in over 50 countries. At the start of every month, ten families from each city would be forced to live on Mars. This rule would continue until the end of the war.

3 Months Later

*Knock, Knock, Knock.* I awoke. Still half asleep, I slipped on some shoes and headed downstairs to attend the door. *KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!* "ALRIGHT! I'm coming!" I yelled at the impatient guests. After struggling with the locks, I finally twisted the door knob open, and was shocked with disbelief. One glance at the men, dressed in their leather funky uniforms pinned with badges, I knew why they were here. If their outfits didn't give it away, their face expressions sure as hell did. We were going to Mars.
    No questions asked, we did as the officers said and found ourselves seated in a spaceship off to Mars. Due to the advancement in technology we arrived in a matter of hours. I looked through one of the circular windows, and it was just as anyone expected it to be, except not empty. Large tent-like structures were built all over the land. Before we got off we had to wear these full body outfits, that covered us up to our faces, almost like a space suit but more advanced. All the families were assigned their tents, given food, water and medical supplies. All the officers except two, who were there to keep watch on us, headed back to Earth immediately after we had settled in.
    There was nothing to do on Mars, it was either talk, eat or sleep. A few days of doing nothing productive had passed. It was day 5, and we were all getting ready for bed. It was a restless sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about Earth and my life there, the life I had to unwillingly leave behind. Maybe it's for the best I thought. Suddenly, a gleaming powerful ray interrupted my thoughts. I woke up and saw two hazy shadows behind the tent covers, along with two sources of light. The beings were shuffling around the tent as if new to the area. It couldn't have been the guards I thought, they were far from the tent and I remember them being much shorter. My heart pounding for no apparent reason, I tried waking up my siblings. It was pointless, they were all fast asleep and the heaviest sleepers I knew. I stayed under my see-through covers and watched the two foreigners scout the area for a good five minutes. They weren't leaving. In fact they were getting closer, and closer. They made their way to the entrance, and at this point my whole body was covered with sweat. Panic flooded through my mind, I didn't know what to do. I closed my eyes extremely tight as I heard the front cover of the tent lifted up. I could hear their large footsteps walking toward me. I tried not to breathe otherwise i'd give away my position. But it was too late, one of them yanked the blanket off of me, and they both stared at me. They were not humans. Two large grotesque animal like creatures stood before me almost as if they had just seen something worse than what I was seeing. They were aliens.
    I jumped off the opposite side of the bed, and onto my brother, who was sleeping on a mattress below. I slapped him awake, one quick stare at the aliens and he was on board with me. We yelled at our sister, who's bed was a few inches away from us, "GET THE HELL UP!" she was confused about what was going on, but we didn't have time to explain to her. As we forcefully got her out of bed, we looked back to see if the aliens were coming for us. They were gone. A short sigh of relief followed by a sudden realization. "MOM! DAD!", my brother took the words out of my mouth. We all sprinted across the large tent, as our bodies trembled heavily, and made our way to our parents room. Gone. We hurried back, and went out from the tent's exit, everything was gone. No tents were in sight. We walked down to where the two guards and the spaceship were situated, and sure enough, vanished. Our emotions of fear soon changed to confusion. We were stranded on Mars.

Eth111 wrote:It all starts out harmlessly with 3 NASA astronauts preparing for their first trip to mars. The date is February 27th, 2024. As routine, the astronauts undergo vigerous training in preparation for the trip. The day had finally come to fly to Mars. T minus 5..4...3...2.....1! Blastoff! Off the astronauts went. It took them a good few hours to get into space. When they arrive, they take a stop off at the new space station, due to the fact that the other one burned up and fell back to Earth. When they get supplies from the station, somethings a bit off.. their food has a strange tint. The astronauts can't agree with the tint of colors, some say its white and gold, others say it black and blue. Either way, they take the food, get back on the ship, and went back on their route to Mars. When they arrived at Mars, they begin to write their journal entries. After they are finished, an astronaut named John Basicname takes the first step onto Mars. When he's on Mars, he sees something strange... There is a UFO landed on the planet! When approching the UFO, he gows cautiously. When he views the UFO carefully, he sees a huge satalite transmitter on the top of the craft. Stepping inside, he sees 3 aliens, all of which are asleep. Panicing, he tries to leave as quickly as possible. Unfourtunatly, John Basicname didn't see the tripwire alarm, sending the spacecraftinto blaring lights and sounds. Before John could even blink, he was surrounded by all of the aliens, one of which who knocked him out. John wakes up hours later, chained up to a chair. "Where the hell am I!" he proclaimed. The alien responded "You are on the color lords spaceship number E-24." "You really shoudln't have came here, John." "How the hell do you know my name!" He exclaimed. "Along with your name, we know much, much more." "But, now isn't the time for questions." "John, do you have any recolation of a dress in 2015 that nobody could agree the color on?" "Yeah, why?" "That was our doing." "As you can see, it caused huge amounts of rage, and that rage power we have collected to power our planet destroyer." "We have finally collected enough power to destroy your puny planet called Earth." "No!" Yelled John, " It can't be!" "Oh... but it can John." "In 30 seconds, we will blow up Earth, and you will have a front-row seat." 30... 25.. 10.. 1... BOOM. The sound of a laser deafened John, and he watched in horror aa his planet, along with 8.5 billion people, are now dead. "Hahahahaha!"laughed all the aliens. "Now, John, you and your 2 other people on your ship will be stranded on this red planet.. Doomed to die along with your race!" "Hahahahhhah!!" The aliens laughes again. A few weeks later, all of the astronauts died due to laque of oxygen, ending the Human Race once, and for all. The End.

Taro Beast wrote:The door was beginning to buckle as his banging grew more intense. It would not be long before he would break through. Tears streamed down my face as I dragged the last lifeless corpse of my crew into the corner of the room. I couldn't bring myself to look at the other bodies, but I could feel their empty eyes staring at me. A grim acceptance overcame me as I looked into the chamber of my revolver. Of course it was empty.

Emma had received the last bullet. My daughter. She had been the hardest to pull the trigger on. She had been brave though, no sobbing or begging had passed her lips when it I had aimed the gun at her. She understood why I was doing it. We had to complete out mission. The vivid memory of the fragments of skull and brain erupting from the back of her head haunted me as I checked the ships course one last time. As horrible as their fate was, at least my crew had a quick death. They escaped the nightmare that was behind that door. It seemed fitting that I was the last alive. After all, a captain always goes down with his ship.

It had meant to be a landmark exploration mission. Something to put us in the history books. Be the first humans to walk on Mercury. But something happened out there, something that had made James go berserk. He completely lost control. Started uttering incoherent words and started attacking his own crewmates, his friends. We ordered him back to the ship but the moment he was back on board it was obvious he wasn’t the same man that had left. He went crazy. He killed one of our crew and hospitalised 3 others in the struggle to contain him. We had quarantined, sedated and restrained him. It had taken 10 of us to take him down but we had managed it. From there the infection had taken control of him quickly. He became agitated. Irrational. His personality became unrecognisable, just as we seemed to become unrecognisable to him. From there, things only went downhill.

I don’t know how he escaped his restraints, but when he did he showed no remorse to the rest of the crew. He started picking us off, killing us without mercy, until those of us who were still alive managed to barricade ourselves in the control room, hoping to stay safe until we came up with a way to stop him. But there had been no solutions.

That had been 3 days ago. Since then, morale had lowered to the point of mutiny. With no food and no hope we all knew there was no hope of survival for us now. So we made a decision. A suicide mission, to stop this monster from reaching Earth. We had set a course towards the sun. To burn all evidence of what happened up here. But as we neared the sun, the crew’s bravery failed them. I had to kill them to ensure our mission was successful. But now I was alone, with this monster just behind the door. I was struggling to contain the natural animal instinct to survive. To try and hide. Hiding would have just prolonged the inevitable anyway. He would find me and I would die regardless. My only option was to try and kill him with me. End all of this up here, millions of miles from Earth and civilisation.

We were close now. The heat was getting more intense with every second we got closer. The pain was excruciating. I could hear him screaming as well. The sound of desperate scratching behind the door unnerved me. The noise had gotten worse as we edged closer, like an injured animal whining, begging to be let inside. I almost felt sorry for him.

The heat was affecting the ship now. The hull was beginning to warp under the pressure and the temperature was becoming ever more insufferable. I was being burned alive. There was an almighty roar of triumph as the door caved in behind me and he charged through. But it was too late now. There was no turning back. The ship had run its course. I glanced at my daughter’s lifeless corpse once more, peaceful in her eternal sleep and I accept my imminent fate. I am ready.

Everything ended so suddenly. Just as he tackled me to the floor and began to hack at my burnt flesh, there was an almighty groan as the ships resistance failed and a gaping hole appeared in the ship’s hull, the full force of the heat hitting us both. Before either of us could let out a sound there was the brightest of lights and the most intense pain and then only darkness. Nothing.

It was over.

Meiru wrote:I woke up suddenly, my eyes snapping open. Where was I? I took a look around. I had awoke in a small bedroom. I was perched upon the bed in the corner of the room. The walls seemed metallic and rusty. A lonely desk sat next to the bed where I sat and the door was nearby. I noticed a small window on the opposite side of the room. I quickly ran up to it and looked out to figure out where I was. There was a problem: I was staring straight at the Earth. Debris all around was suspended in the air as if someone had blasted open the moon and then suddenly froze time. Then it hit me. I was on the U.S.G Ishimura, a planet cracking spaceship. I tore myself away from the window and headed to the door. It slid with slight difficulty and a gut-wrenching creaking noise, as if the ship was in disrepair for a long time. I stepped out into the hallway. The hallway was devoid of light, and the odor of rust and blood was overwhelming. This was not the Ishimura I remembered. I took my first few steps out into the hall. Remembering I had my IPhone 6 Plus in my pocket, I pulled it out in hopes of getting reception. Of course, there was none. There was no WiFi either, which was strange. Ships were required by law to have some sort of connectivity. I turned the brightness on the phone up and used it as a makeshift flashlight and flashed it to the wall. What I saw mortified me.
    Gash marks lined the walls in front of me, revealing wires and other machinations. Dried blood stained the walls. On the floor, mutilated bodies with dismembered limbs and legs spewed out crusted blood. The scent and sight was already unbearable. I quickly ran in the other direction of the hall, disgusted at what I had just seen. What had happened here? Where was the crew? Who, or what could have done this? Aliens? Many questions lingered in my mind as I traversed the hallway with horrifying sights. I came to the hallway containing the stairwell, but veered to a halt.
    A sound made me stop in my tracks. A faint scratching noise from somewhere below me. I froze in absolute terror. The scratching noise continued. It grew louder and louder. My heart was practically beating out of my chest. I began to sweat. Again, it continued. The scratching turned to thumping. My ears grew hot. Panicking, I turned off my phone, crouched down, and quickly crawled into the room next to me. The door slid open silently and I crept inside. The thumping was still crescendoing and was getting closer. Whatever was making that noise was certainly not one of the crew. The door to the room suddenly slid shut with a loud bang and made me jump. Crap! Whatever was making that noise was going to come and investigate. I was scared out of my wits. But when I listened for the noise, there was none. The room stood eerily still and silent. I only heard the blood pumping in my ears and my heart racing wildly. The whole world seemed to be holding its breath in anticipation. I waited for a minute. Two minutes. I sighed in relief when I heard nothing. I got up, turned my phone on again and opened the door. I shined my light through the entrance and my blood ran cold.
    Standing in front of the entrance was a person with charred and blackened skin. Or at least, that’s what I had assumed. Instead of arms, it had two bony appendages that looked like huge blades. Its legs were torn open; bone and muscle were visible under the skin. Its chest was also torn open with organs hanging out of it. The face of the creature was the worst part of it. Where there were eyes, there were two empty sockets as black as death. The creature’s jaw had been ripped off, leaving only one row of rotten fangs in the mouth. The thing made a noise and sprung at me who was paralyzed by fear. I screamed and sprang towards my left. The creature barreled into the wall, but quickly regained itself. I ran out of the room and screamed for help. I could hear the thing behind me racing towards me with inhuman speed. The thing crashed into me and knocked the air out of me. It pinned me down. I struggled and gazed up in helplessness as it raised its appendages, gearing to strike. I forced my eyes closed and held my breath, bracing for the inevitable.
    Suddenly, there was a noise. A gunshot or something. A moment later, the monster threw itself off of me, bellowing in pain. More noises. More screaming. Then, it was quiet. I opened my eyes and saw the creature limp on the ground in pieces. I turned around and saw a figure in what appeared to be an armored space suit with bright light blue horizontal lights shining from its face. In its hands, it held a strange tool that projected three thin lights.
    “Are you alright?” the figure said with concern. I couldn’t reply. I was dizzy and disorientated. The figure seemed to say something else, but I couldn’t hear it. My vision went black, and I passed out.

Last edited by Nr on 2015-03-04, 03:22; edited 5 times in total

Dump me

Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Post by Dump me on 2015-02-09, 02:18

I PM you my short story for round 1 Laughing

Phat4tw
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by Phat4tw on 2015-02-09, 02:22

Will pm u soon

Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-09, 07:33

sent my entry

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-02-09, 08:06

12 hours in and I've already received 3 entries -- looks like we're going to have a good turnout this time around. Because of people submitting early, I'd like to add that if you want to change something around, you can update your entry by submitting the newer version before the deadline. I'll also add that as a guideline to the "current round" post to make sure it's visible all around.

FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    Recruit
    Recruit

Location : Stupid bitch hit my phone asking, "can i front a sack?" Told that petty little hoe she could never call me back.

Post by FeuerKaiser|Warriors on 2015-02-09, 21:15

Sent

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-09, 22:27

sent mine in.

u all will love dis.

c:

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-09, 22:31

Joe wrote:sent mine in.

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-10, 01:20

Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

Oh no, He wrote something about Zodz. Nothing to predict here, move along

but in your previous post, you said to win you must write about me.

Am i correct?

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2015-02-10, 09:51

rofl my story so fukin shit, i wrote it in 5min one go no edit, gl bank

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-10, 09:59

Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

if it makes you feel any better, I wrote about you Very Happy

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-10, 17:52

Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

LOL zodz thinks he's special because we're writing about him.

but nothing we're writing is going to be positive.

AHAHAHAHAH

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-10, 20:26

Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

you're not cool enough to be making fun of zodz

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-10, 21:31

Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

Cool kids wear bath robes???

FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    Recruit
    Recruit

Location : Stupid bitch hit my phone asking, "can i front a sack?" Told that petty little hoe she could never call me back.

Post by FeuerKaiser|Warriors on 2015-02-10, 21:41

Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-10, 22:04

FeuerKaiser|Warriors wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

just ban joe from the forums lmao no one even pays attention to his posts anyways

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-10, 23:18

Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

just ban joe from the forums lmao no one even pays attention to his posts anyways

no one paid attention to your clan

AHAHAHAAHAHAH

elephant

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-11, 00:00

Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by FeuerKaiser|Warriors on 2015-02-11, 00:07

Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

AHAHAHAAHAHAH

elephant
    no one paid attention to the fact that YOU were ACTUALLY a HOST

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

elephant

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-11, 00:17

Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

AHAHAHAAHAHAH

elephant

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

elephant

wait.

Joe was a host, LOL?

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-11, 01:24

Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

AHAHAHAAHAHAH

elephant

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

elephant

wait.

Joe was a host, LOL?

Nice clan.

nice bath robes

nice selfies

#thefagcrew guys. it has 3 members and 3 words (tom, allen, feuer)

illuminati?

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-11, 01:41

Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    Iamtaba wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:

u all will love dis.

c:

someone kill this kid

AHAHAHAHAH

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

AHAHAHAAHAHAH

elephant

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

elephant

wait.

Joe was a host, LOL?

Nice clan.

nice bath robes

nice selfies

#thefagcrew guys. it has 3 members and 3 words (tom, allen, feuer)

illuminati?

ty

ty

ty

I think the more pressing matter is for somebody to fill me in on when Joe was a host LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2017-02-23, 05:49