Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Post by Rand al'Thor on 2015-02-23, 21:52

Voting for Taro.

(Don't understand how Pants only gave him 1... or how Eth has been doing so well, lol)

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-02-23, 22:12

Taro Beast has won the public vote for Round 3 with 3 votes; 10m has been transferred to his credits account. Slash was in second place with 2 votes. No one else got any votes.

Round 4 - Topic Released

Topic: The story must take place in space.
    Genre: Horror. Make it scary.

Bear in mind: Unlike the first two rounds, this round is also not contained to Cora Dyce. Write about anything and anyone you want to write about.

* You have 5 days to submit your entry. The deadline is Saturday the 28th 21:00 GMT.
    * Your entry should average around 500 words. Less than that? No problem. Triple that? Too much.
    * To submit your entry forum PM me it.
    * If you've already submitted, you can still update your entry by re-sending it before the deadline.

Round 3 - Grading Process

Topic: The story must contain a chess analogy that has significance in or applies to the story.
    Genre: Any.

Extra topic description was:
    This round you've got to please pants the most out of the judges. You've got free reign over whatever you write about, but a chess analogy needs to have an important place in the story.

Bear in mind: Unlike the last two rounds, this round is not contained to Cora Dyce. Write about anything and anyone you want to write about.

* You have 5 days to submit your entry. The deadline is Monday the 23rd 21:00 GMT.
    * Your entry should average around 500 words. Less than that? No problem. Triple that? Too much.
    * To submit your entry forum PM me it.
    * If you've already submitted, you can still update your entry by re-sending it before the deadline.

Round 3 Entries

There were a total of 5 entries.

Meiru wrote:I – Beginnings
    “115KN, report for combat testing immediately,” the announcer boomed. My callsign was called. I put on my plain military garb, strapped my sheathed blade onto my hip, and ran towards the testing area. Although I was in a large camp, the testing area was easily identifiable due to the scent of death and toil that emanated from the area. It was also the largest portion of the military camp. I arrived at the entrance and greeted the guardsman who let me into the testing area.
    “115KN, are you ready?” the announcer boomed. Reaching to my side, I unsheathed a long, ornamented katana as my response. The clean silver glow reflected the dazzling sun that shone from above. “Releasing Enemy: Behemoth”
    I sighed and got ready for “testing” as usual.
    II – The Call of Duty
    “Your skill is amazing as always,” the High General said. “As is your beauty,”
    “I know you didn’t call me for routine testing, General,” I replied, ignoring the obvious compliment. “A Behemoth to start the day means I’m going to the front lines, correct?”
    “Correct. Consider it a promotion,”
    “Promotion? You mean becoming your pawn is a promotion? Hah, don’t make me laugh!”
    “You would do well to not take me lightly, Azira. Being on the front lines is no trivial task. You will earn much honor for yourself out there. You might even—”
    “General Zodds,” I suddenly said. “Because I am sworn to this land’s safety, I will go to the front lines. However, do not take me as just a common soldier. I insist that you assign me to the most appropriate battalion out there. Perhaps I should join the Zealots? They are a formidable—“
    “About that,” the High General said. “Your battalion will indeed be a special one because you will be the only one in it,”
    “What? Surely you jest. I may possess extraordinary skill in battle, but to do this is to commit suicide. The Rebels would kill me or capture me easily,”
    “Understand this. I have a special plan for you to end the rebellion. But you must do as I say. Remember, you are simply just a pawn…”
    III – The Plan
    I stalked out into the forest. Fighting broke out everywhere. The sounds of dying soldiers rang throughout the battlefield. Orders from above said that the army was going to unleash a final grand assault on the rebels. The rebellion has been going on for far too long. I was assigned to the front lines with the assault team by myself of course. I trudged through the thick foliage of the great forest. Everywhere looked like a possibility of an ambush, but I was ready. I had already dispatched unlucky assault squads that had crossed my path. Intel suggested that the rebellion’s main base had a blind spot that was accessible by taking a path through the forest. Sure enough, a supply route led straight into the back of the base. I quickly stepped towards the entrance, but I got careless and got hit with a dart. The fast-acting sedatives quickly immobilized my body, and I fell to the ground, my vision blurring.
    IV – The End of the Rebellion
    I finally awoke strapped to a chair, how cliché. The room I was in was poorly lit and clearly run down. The ceiling was peeling and the walls had cracks in them. A lonely door in front of me on the opposite wall was the only decoration in the room. My katana lay on the opposite corner where I was. Even in a dimly lit room, I could pick out the red trimming on the handle and sheath. I still wore the black coat with red trimming that I had marched out with, which was good. Suddenly, the door opened and a group of men emerged from it.
    “So,” the apparent leader of them bluntly spat. “The little mistress is finally awake huh?”
    “Mmm,” one of his lackeys purred. “She’s a gorgeous one,”
    “Yeah, but she’s mine!” another lackey said and reached out to grab me. I gathered my momentum and spun my chair in a full circle extremely fast and knocked the man across the room. The other lackeys looked ready to fight, but the boss called them off.
    “Oh she’s a fighter all right. I don’t think you know me. I’m the leader of this whole damn rebellion! And now I’m gonna kill you dead.”
    “Yeah!” the lackey I knocked over called out. “You’re gonna die!”
    “Oh, really?” I retorted.
    “I think you need convincing on how much of a stupid pawn you really are,” the leader snorted. The leader ordered the lackeys to get their guns out. Each man pulled out a machine gun pointed at my head. “Maybe if you beg for mercy, I’ll have a little fun with you before I murder you,”
    “This is so funny!” I cheerfully said, as I bursted out laughing.
    “HEY! WHAT’S SO FUNNY?” the leader yelled as he grabbed my collar.
    “You do realize who I am right?”
    “Huh? You’re just a pawn!” a lackey cried.
    “Correction. I was a pawn,” were my last words before I sprung into action.
    I quickly dislodged myself from my restraints and headbutted the leader in the chin. The restraints were poorly tied so escaping was easy; I was only pretending to be immobilized.  In the confusion, I launched a lightning-fast kick that launched the hunched-over leader to the other side of the room. I then sprang for my katana, dodging the other lackeys’ attempts to restrain me. I retrieved the blade and unsheathed it right when the lackeys got the order to open fire. My lightning fast agility came in handy as I sprang quickly to the right. Steel met flesh and bone, but to my katana it was all the same as I impaled the first unlucky lackey through the chest and used his corpse to block the oncoming fire. I flung the body at two other lackeys when they reloaded and knocked them into the wall with a satisfying cracking noise. Three other lackeys remained and opened fire again. I spun my katana in a wide circle in front of me at high speeds, deflecting all the bullets right back at them, instantly killing them. The only one left was the leader sprawled out on the floor, bewildered at the events that just took place. I walked triumphantly towards his quivering body.
    “But…” he stammered. “But… You’re just a pawn! A woman pawn!”
    “You fool,” I bluntly said. “What happens when a pawn gets to the back? Behind all the defenses? I’m the queen now,”
    “I’ll… I’ll have your head for this!”
    “Sorry,” I said while raising my katana.
    “Checkmate.”

Rock wrote:Purple: Ryza
    Teal: Garshuo
    The Challenger

Chapter 1: The Coronation of  a new Queen.

In an alternate world to Earth where only games are played and wars are prohibited, lies a God who is the King of the world. The major rule of this world is if you are caught cheating that is grounds loss for the game.  There are 14 other races besides humans that reside on this world. Ryza, a human who is undefeated in the games she has played is about to become the Queen for humanity. Many speculate that Ryza has been cheating when playing games but there could not be any proof. Today is when Ryza is coronated to become the Queen of humanity. “If anyone objects her to become the Queen, please object now.” said the minister. “I object! I object!” said a mysterious man. “So do you wish to challenge her for the spot of Queen?” said the minister. “Yup. This isn’t child’s play, a child can not become Queen. I will challenge you for the spot so I can become king. The game I choose is Chess.”

Chapter 2: Challenge Accepted.

“Hold up a minuted, you can’t just come up here and challenge me!” said Ryza. “Oh you sure? Would you guys allow a girl who has been working with an elf to become the Queen of humanity now?” said the mysterious man. The crowd is puzzled as they wonder if Ryza did cheat. Ryza is worried she might caught so she accepts this mans offer of playing a game of chess. “The name’s Garchuo, who will be the next leader for humanity.” said Garchuo. “This game will take place a week from today at the King’s Room. No spectators are allowed, the room will be sealed off.” says Ryza.

Chapter 3: Let the games begin.

A week has passed. Garchuo and Ryza meet up at the doorway of the King’s Room. They both enter and the door shuts behind them with a magical seal. A large chessboard appears in front of them, they both go to their podiums. “In this game you say what piece you want to move, for example if I said ‘B4 to B5”, it’ll move one up. Got it? The chess pieces also have a mind of their own.” says Ryza. “Yea yea, I get it. Let’s get the game going.”

Chapter 4: The game.

“You can have the first move, because I’m obviously not going to lose my position to become the Queen.” says Ryza. “D2 to D4” says Garchuo and the piece moves up 2 spaces. “G7, forward.” says Ryza. G7 moves up three spaces. “What!? That’s against the rules.” says Garchuo. “I told you didn’t I? The chess pieces have a mind of their own.” says Ryza. “I get it now. It reflects the players charisma, leadership, and the potential of leadership when they move” says Garchuo. “You’re right. Don’t you think it’s the perfect game to decide who becomes leader of humanity?” says Ryza. “Knight to C3”. "F7, Foward." "E2 to E4" "F5, take her piece." "C3, take E4. H2 to H3. Knight, take H3. Queen to H5, Check." "A3 protect the King." "F2 to F4." "F2 to F4." "I see. Sometimes the pieces won't move. The soldier knows he won't go to a place where he knows he'll be killed. Only a level of morale that borders on madness could make them do that. I guess sacrificing pieces isn't an option." "What are you going to do now? Time is running out." Garshuo repeatedly tries to take enemy pieces but his pieces won't move as he knows they will die. Hours pass by and Garshuo still can't think of any pieces to move then finally he found one. "ATTENTION ALL FORCES, BY MY AUTHORITY AS KING ANYONE WHO FIGHTS VALIANTLY IN THIS BATTLE, WILL EARN THE RIGHT TO BANG ANY WOMAN THEY LIKE!" "DO WHAT?!" "AND ALL OF YOU SOLDIERS FIGHTING ON THE FRONT LINE: IF WE WIN, YOU ARE EXCUSED FROM FURTHER MILITARY DUTIES, AND GIVEN AN EXEMPTION ON TAXES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES, AS WELL AS A MONETARY REWARD FROM YOUR COUNTRY! THEREFORE, VIRGINS, DO NOT DIE! AND ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO HAVE A FAMILY OR LOVED ONES, COME BACK ALIVE! THAT IS AN ORDER!" Garshuo's warriors are pumped up and all move to fight Ryza's troops. "I realized the game I'm playing isn't chess, it's a strategy game. Just watch, this game is right up my alley. PAWN SQUAD 6! The enemy is advancing from the front line! Intercept them and cut them off! HE CAN'T DO THAT! "CAVALRY SQUAD 2! Don't waste the oppurtunity the pawns gave you! You, King and Queen! Get your asses to the front lines!" Wait! It's my turn! "Huh? What kind of fool waits for their enemies 'turn'?" "Pawns, advance from a defensive wall!" "Hah! Look at those fools hiding themselves behind their own troops! What kind of leader makes their men fight in the front line while he sits in the back relaxing?! Listen to me soldiers, this battle will decide who controls humanity! This battle will determine the fate of humanity! Open your eyes, do you want to give the nation's crown to a foolish girl like her?! If I win, I will be your King! Just me from hours ago, closed off my thoughts for your sakes, to lead you to victory! And you call yourselves men?!" "What is this overwhelming power?!" "Proud knights, bishops, rooks! Show me deeds befitting your rank! Back up the pawns so they may do their duty!" "That's impossible!" "That's right. You're secretly using elf power to increase the morale of your knights! You explain it all the way by saying you have more charisma than we do. Of course, it's the perfect way to cheat.But you made one mistake." "What?!" "Throughout all of history, no wise king has ever forced his army to obey him through oppression. People will only truly fight for what is right. And there is truly only one thing that is truly right in this world!" "One thing that's truly right?" "The one true, unchanging righteousness in this world is... cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seeks cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" "That's...That's not... As long I can't find out what race is helping them they can't figure out who's helping me. King to E6!" The pieces that are attacking Ryza's troops have somehow turned into her troops. "This is bad. ALL TROOPS RETREAT AT ONCE! The enemy is using brainwashing magic!" "He found out?! It's okay... they have no proof of me doing it. And if they can't prove I'm cheating, I win. All forces advance!" "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! I screwed up! I screwed up! I screwed up! I thought she only had one trick up her sleeve and I eliminated any other possibilities! Why couldn;t I figure out that one last thing?!" "Take the enemy's King's head, Queen. This is checkmate." "QUUEEEEENNNN!" Garshuo says, the enemy Queen suddenly stops her attack. "Queen, put down your sword. You are... beautiful! Oh, Queen... please just once consider this: Is that king worthy of your service? That king who brainwashes his soldiers, uses them as weapons and tools, and even forces you to bear the brunt of the assault? Is he worthy of your sword? Please reconsider! Who are your people? Where are those you must protect!" The enemy queen suddenly becomes an ally to Garshuo's troops. "Impossible! This can't be happening!" "Gee hee. Romance games are one of the few games that I played and it actually worked for me gaining your Queen. But what do I do now? Gaining one piece isn't enough for me to win the game, it really changed nothing!" "Pft, I shouldn't be intimidated by them! Knight, slay the traitor Queen!" "She took the bait!" The knight could not slay his own queen, The traitor queen walked up to the knight and hugs him turning the knight into another of Garshuo's pieces. "You know, there's more than one way to win a game. The other way to win a game is without having to fight! Queen, I beg of you. You do not have to join us, but look at your king! He's been struck by madness! I believe that you are the only one that can lead your people now! Do you not agree with me? Queen, make your choice." The queen decides to go over on Garshuo's side, making all of Ryza's troops turn into troops of Garshuo's. Game over. Garshuo has won. Garshuo was then crowned the king of humanity.

Iamtaba wrote:John is an intelligent student in elementary, and above anything, he enjoyed the thrill of pawning his classmates in a friendly game of chess. His biggest rival in the class was Zugs Wang, another master in the field. John usually referred to Zogs Wang as en passant, for he wore the clothes of a simple farm boy.

Several years later, the two had became the best chess players in the world. They met each other at a FIDE tournament, and John even brought his fianchetto watch the game. The game soon began, and it was about time to end this bitter rivalry.

At first, John was just blitzing through his opponent. He managed to capture all of his opponent's pawns, while only sacrificing a knight in the process. However, things soon turned into a blunder for the poor guy. After making several rookie mistakes, John started to become desperado. He tried to find a way out of the trap, but Wang enprised him with moves unthinkable. Wang exclaimed to John:"You're quite the woodpusher, I expected much more from you."

After hearing these words, John managed to get his focus back on the game. With only 2 rooks and his king up against Wang's army, he played the most tactical and pressured game he experienced in his life. He managed to lessen the entire force to just the queen and the king. Zogs started to tear up, and beg for John's mercy. "Alekhine do after this is go back to the farm, please, I really need to win this to get accepted into a good uni as a scholar!"

Although John's mind was set on winning, he felt the need to let Zogs win this one. Although their rivalry had went on for several years now, he can't help but feel pity for his former classmate.

And so, John decided to suicide chess the remaining 2 of his rooks. However, he saw a sinister look upon Zogs' face, and Zogs revealed that he was actually a millionaire who was extremely jealous of John since they were kids. Despite the jeering of the crowd, Zogs was about to make the final move on Jo-

*GUNSHOT*

Panic.

Slash wrote:"Mark." the naive teenage boy replied after being questioned his name.
    "Your age?" asked the officer.
    "Seven-teen."
    "Ever had any experience in combat before?"
    "No."
    "Ever used a gun?"
    "No." Mark replied.
    Mark had lost his Dad to the Germans in the war. He was an only child, who was abandoned by his mother the night of his father's death. Confused and furious, poor Mark couldn't think straight. He was helpless and alone. His rage got the best of him, and a few days later he had found himself at the military head-quarters signing up to be in the war. His country, needed the people so they were accepting, and in some cases, even forcefully making, any male above the age of 17 join the battle.
    After the officer asked him some quick necessary questions, he was immediately put in a week of training. During the training, the officers had told all of the young men that the enemy had information on nuclear powers, which would probably be their last hope. Once the training was completed, fit enough or not you were thrown into the battlefield.
    Mark did not try and kill anyone. He continued his path, in attempt to reach enemy territory to capture their nuclear powers. But unfortunately it was only a matter of time before he encountered some real combat. Two Nazis coming his way, they hadn't noticed him as he was camouflaged with the ground and was crawling his way throughout. He had to deviate from his path and attack them. Before he was about to take the shot, his fellow soldiers took it for him, one of them died but they had killed 2 of theirs. He was thankful, and nodded to them, as they all continued down their own paths. With the help of his companions, and the rare attacks he had to make, changing his course, Mark finally had made it to Enemy territory, capturing the nuclear information, and sending it back to his captains. Within a few weeks the nuclear bomb was made. Knowing that using the bomb would destroy most of their own territory, they still fired as it was their only hope. They all witnessed the missile launch into the air, and were temporarily blinded by the immense amount of light

Mark was killed in the collateral damage. Fortunately a few officers who were able to witness his actions, had survived. His story was told throughout history and was known as "The Pawn Who Won The War."

Taro Beast wrote:I went a little over the word limit (100 or so) and I really didnt have much time to do this Sad I hope I didnt miss the deadline...

There were three main groups of people at school. The Rooks, the Bishops and the Knights. The Rooks were the cool kids. Key qualities of a Rook were direct, arrogant and often retarded. The Bishops were the smart kids, always thinking outside of the box and finding alternative angles in everything they did. And the Knights. They were always pissed out of their minds and couldn’t manage to walk in a straight line as well as being extremely aggressive and violent. All of the groups were very different from each other, but they were all agreed on one thing. The Pawns, or the outsiders were scum and they would do everything to make their lives a misery. It was a lonely life, one that often resulted in suicide for those unfortunate enough to be subjected to such torment.

Stories and poems spoke of a quest that would allow the lowly pawn to become the most powerful person on the planet. They spoke of ‘The End’ and the rich reward of becoming a ‘Queen’. Such a quest was not without its perils however. They spoke of 4 waves of enemies a hero would have to face, before being able to claim their prize. Each enemy had its own strengths, but also its own weaknesses.

But despite the stories he had heard, Timmy was determined. Before him lay only one path he could take. No turns or hills. Just one long road, sheer drops on either side with wave after wave biding their time. Waiting their turn. But this wasn’t going to stop Timmy. He knew what he had to do. The first wave of foes were weak, predictable. He cast them aside with ease and moved on without looking back. The next foes posed more of a challenge. They were large, muscular warriors with a deafening war cry. Their strength was immense but their movements were cumbersome and Timmy exploited this weakness to out manoeuvre them and push them off the cliff. The third wave was even tougher. The enemy was cunning. They hid on either cliff drop and waited to ambush him. But in their haste to attack they got in each other’s way, hindering their almost perfectly plan. Timmy ploughed through their ranks with his sword, sending them scuttling back down the slopes. The final round was the toughest of all. Their technique was brilliant and they were extremely agile. Timmy quickly realised however they had one huge flaw. They were extremely competitive. They wanted all of the glory for themselves. He used this to his advantage and manipulated them into turning on each other, and whilst they slaughtered themselves to extinction, Timmy quietly snuck through unseen, and continued on the long path, now devoid of life.

He walked for hours, without incident, when suddenly without warning the path stopped and a well lay before him. Confused he looked into the well and heard a deep voice erupt through the hole.
    'If you wish to be given the ultimate reward, you must first provide the ultimate sacrifice to prove you are worthy.’
    Timmy knew what he had to do. Without a second thought he swan dived into the well and into the darkness, a smile etched on his face.

School started with a bang the following day. A large figure smashed through the gates as Timmy majestically entered the school, fear engulfing the other pupils. He wasn’t this small pathetic pawn anymore. He was flawless. He was a Queen. As he charged at the pupils. Many ran away, even more simply fainted. One even shat himself. They all begged for mercy, but no mercy was coming on this day. It was time for Timmy to get his vengeance.

The screams of pain and fear could be heard from miles away as Timmy swept through the ranks of pupils and got his revenge. A smile crept across his face as he went about his gruesome work. No one would mess with him anymore. Nothing could stop him.

Morale of the story…Don’t pick on someone smaller or weaker than you. Because they might become a Queen and beat the shit out of you.

Before anyone asks, Meiru is Rock's friend. Have fun reading and leave a public vote on whose entry you considered to be best!

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-23, 22:17

bunch of tryhards xD

Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor on 2015-02-23, 22:19

Joe wrote:bunch of tryhards xD
    Your point being?

Taro beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Taro beast on 2015-02-23, 23:04

Rand al'Thor wrote:Voting for Taro.

(Don't understand how Pants only gave him 1... or how Eth has been doing so well, lol)

Thanks pal, I owe you one

I think I fucked up this round Razz

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-02-24, 00:29

Round 3 votes and commentary which are merely my personal opinion.

1 point - Taro Beast - I have no idea what's going on in the story and you overdid the analogy to a point where it can't make sense anymore. A school setting turns into a battlefield on a cliff with little Timmy becoming queen after brutally slaughtering his classmates, transitioning to Timmy sashaying through the school hall flaunting her new assets? A group fighting for more transgender presence in literature might love this, but I'm out.

2 points - Rock - A really good and unique idea for the story with a similarly promising first 3 chapters, that you decided to divide the story into. 4 lines into the final and what you chose to be the largest chapter, the story turns into WTF galore and keeps the course until the end -- and the end took time to reach. After all, cutting the length would have probably been a good option here. It was indeed too long and the content didn't keep me hooked enough to not notice the length. I suppose you especially rushed the fourth chapter since the drop in quality is sudden. I didn't like it, sorry.

3 points - Slash - Glad you went for short and simple. I think it would have worked better if you either made the situation for the forces more drastic to have to send a group with only one week's worth of training on such an integral mission or made it so Mark would be forced to divert from his tasks to accomplish the goal by chance. Current state of the story, I don't find it plausible that a 17-year-old pulled into training would be given a task of such importance in the current circumstances. I did however think you did a great job with the analogy and didn't overdo the story. Imo not many steps away from being good. Decent effort.

4 points - Meiru - I see you've decided to go for anime, the same as Rock, likewise turn your story into chapters too. Coming across a high general named Zodzz in here somewhere was unnerving, lol. This line is both hilarious and creepy:
    “Your skill is amazing as always,” the High General said. “As is your beauty,”

Not sure there was enough of a reason for her to be assigned to go in alone, the plan wasn't developed well enough storywise for me to completely accept it. Despite the possible hole in the story with the plan, High General Zodzz and the annoying glorification of the female protagonist's beauty that radical feminists would either instantly dig or forcefully bury, there's striking writing here, particularly in character work and worldbuilding. Plus the story is complete. Excellent usage of the analogy also, could have just done with less mentions of how she's a pawn before the grand finale. I enjoyed it, good work!

5 points - Iamtaba - Zugs Wang, lmao. These chess puns are hilarious too, you've managed to incorporate far more of them than my knowledge of chess could handle -- thanks, Google. I almost missed the analogy in the story, but then realized "the final move" is it. Brilliant job, Icy. Really.

[Eth111]

Post by [Eth111] on 2015-02-24, 06:26

Dont be jelly

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2015-02-24, 08:00

[Eth111] wrote:

Dont be jelly

It's true, your story was really bad last round but it was decent the previous ones no offence. IMO

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-24, 13:07

wait who's meiru lol

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2015-02-24, 16:03

wtf nr, iamtaba 5?

Ok no offence iamtaba ily but that was shit.
    You misunderstood the topic first of all and second i didn't understand most of your sentences

and thirdly wtf was that ending lmao

boring tbh IMO.

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Taro beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Taro beast on 2015-02-24, 16:05

Slash wrote:wtf nr, iamtaba 5?

You misunderstood the topic first of all and second i didn't understand most of your sentences

boring tbh IMO.

Brutal

Allen1

Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-24, 19:29

holy shit slash is so defensive LOL he def had daddy problems.

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-24, 20:29

nr is very biased with iamtaba.

i want new judge pls

Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash on 2015-02-24, 21:35

Allen1 wrote:holy shit slash is so defensive LOL he def had daddy problems.

Defensive? no one even said anything bad about mine, I just thought iamtaba getting a 5 is shockig

Joe wrote:nr is very biased with iamtaba.

i want new judge pls
    +1

By Shygodd <3
    Lel:

Rock

Post by Rock on 2015-02-24, 21:49

Iamtaba wrote:wait who's meiru lol

Meiru is my friend, he used to play on Cora mc server. Zodz knows him lel. And I asked Nr beforehand and it said that it was fine for him to join.

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-02-24, 22:49

Joe wrote:nr is very biased with iamtaba.

i want new judge pls

Shucks, Joey, you're stuck with me. Smile

Allen1 wrote:holy shit slash is so defensive LOL he def had daddy problems.

Nothing wrong with discussion. I'd like to see more much of it on this thread, makes the competition more interesting.

Slash wrote:wtf nr, iamtaba 5?

boring tbh IMO.

The confusing sentences for us chess plebs, me included, need a trip to Google to understand. I love how it's possible to miss their brilliance if not familiar with chess. It was what really made the entry stand out for me.

You have a definite point that the round's topic was an analogy about chess, not to be confused for an actual game of chess. Although, I didn't mind both if done well enough. The analogy was there at the end and the light comical tone with all the subtle chess puns packed in worked for me. The story was complete. How others will perceive the story and how it meets the topic is down to them. Like I wrote above, my votes are just my opinion. Will be interesting to see what Paul & Pants think of this.

Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe on 2015-02-25, 00:08

we have a biased judge guys

abort competition.

[Eth111]

Post by [Eth111] on 2015-02-25, 03:28

Slash wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:

Dont be jelly

It's true, your story was really bad last round but it was decent the previous ones no offence. IMO

Yet im #1 overall... #3jelly5me

P.S. Nr i kinda forgot to send in my entry.. Am i fucked?

Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-25, 03:51

FRANKly (lol), I have to agree with what the others are saying. My story was poorly written, but that's coming from someone who has played chess quite a number of times and knows how the game works. To someone who has little to no experience in chess at all (Nr), the several puns that I've put just might entertain them. You have no right to call Nr biased..

Btw, the rules have stated around 500 words should be sufficient, so I don't know why you guys are sending 2000+ word ESSAYS and still call it "a masterpiece".

Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 69

Post by Paul on 2015-02-25, 06:57

I know little to nothing about chess, lol...(don't kill me pants) 

Maybe someone else could vote this round, Nr? That way it'd be fairer.

Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls

Post by Paul on 2015-02-25, 07:03

If I had to vote based on the plot, sentence fluency, vocabulary, grammar, etc., I'd give

5 - Meiru 
    4 - Slash
    3 - Rock
    2 - Iamtaba
    1 - Taro Beast

Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr on 2015-02-25, 07:42

Paul wrote:I know little to nothing about chess, lol...(don't kill me pants) 

It's okay, I don't know much of it either. Smile

[Eth111] wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:

Dont be jelly

#4marmelade6me No wait, that doesn't sound right... abort post. Which reminds me: shut up, Joey.

You missed a good chance to advance your lead, but looking at how things are playing out now, you could still win the overall table with round 4.

After Paul's points and mine:

You have 37 points from the first two rounds, still.
    Taro has 39 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Slash has 37 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Icy has 34 +between 1-5 from Pants

It should be pretty close between you 4.

Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls

Post by Paul on 2015-02-25, 08:08

Lol I put Dump Me instead of Taro. It's late. Mad

Taro beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Taro beast on 2015-02-25, 09:47

I need to come up with something awesome to make up for the atrocity that was this round

[Eth111]

Post by [Eth111] on 2015-02-25, 14:36

Nr wrote:
    Paul wrote:I know little to nothing about chess, lol...(don't kill me pants) 

It's okay, I don't know much of it either. Smile

[Eth111] wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:

Dont be jelly

#4marmelade6me No wait, that doesn't sound right... abort post. Which reminds me: shut up, Joey.

You missed a good chance to advance your lead, but looking at how things are playing out now, you could still win the overall table with round 4.

After Paul's points and mine:

You have 37 points from the first two rounds, still.
    Taro has 39 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Slash has 37 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Icy has 34 +between 1-5 from Pants

It should be pretty close between you 4.

Im gonna have to write an epic story to win overall. Gl me ;p.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:17

Current date/time is 2017-01-21, 14:17