Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan


    Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Share

    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 7965
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Joe on 2015-02-25, 18:27

    [Eth111] wrote:
    Nr wrote:
    Paul wrote:I know little to nothing about chess, lol...(don't kill me pants) 

    Maybe someone else could vote this round, Nr? That way it'd be fairer.

    It's okay, I don't know much of it either. Smile

    [Eth111] wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:Voting for Taro.

    (Don't understand how Pants only gave him 1... or how Eth has been doing so well, lol)

    Dont be jelly

    It's true, your story was really bad last round but it was decent the previous ones no offence. IMO

    Yet im #1 overall... #3jelly5me

    P.S. Nr i kinda forgot to send in my entry.. Am i fucked?

    #4marmelade6me No wait, that doesn't sound right... abort post. Which reminds me: shut up, Joey.

    You missed a good chance to advance your lead, but looking at how things are playing out now, you could still win the overall table with round 4.



    After Paul's points and mine:

    You have 37 points from the first two rounds, still.
    Taro has 39 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Slash has 37 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Icy has 34 +between 1-5 from Pants

    It should be pretty close between you 4.

    Im gonna have to write an epic story to win overall. Gl me ;p.


    you forgot to pay me 5m for writing for u ffs

    Kappa

    Dogs>Cats
    General
    General

    Posts : 3765
    Join date : 2012-07-24
    Age : 20
    Location : Ohio

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 100

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Dogs>Cats on 2015-02-25, 19:09

    Meiru- 3 things wrong with it. 1 really really cheesy ending. 2 long 3 not an anime fan and I kinda dreaded reading it. I was gunna do the scoring three times and the first two I saw urs and left.
     
    Rock- the beginning was cheesy too but I didn’t mind it as much as meirus cheesy ending. If meiru is cheese from a can, yours is KRAFT singles. I hated the “I get it now. It reflects the players charisma, leadership, and the potential of leadership when they move” says Garchuo. It was breaking the game. I talked myself down to a strong disliking of it. I followed the game and by like 5 moves in you lost me. The dialogue was annoyingly fake drama.
     
    Taba- it made me smile, bad story though, but I smiled so ur da real mvp
     
    Slash- I liked it. So far the only chess reference (barely a chess reference) that didn’t make me cringe.
     
    Taro I liked the symbolism. Small note, the pieces work together rather against each other. In the game of the century, fischer sacrificed his queen for a plan that involved the unison of his pieces to combine into a huge attacking force.
     
    5 taro
    4 slash
    3 taba
    2 meiru
    1 rock

    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

    Posts : 2664
    Join date : 2011-11-08

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Nr on 2015-02-25, 19:49

    Okay. That's the points for round 3 together. Uhhh, I'm expecting a similar post as Slash's earlier on why pants gave Taro a 5.

    This round

    RankNamePoints
    1.Meiru11
    2.Slash11
    3.Iamtaba10
    4.Taro Beast7
    5.Rock6

    Slash & Meiru both won 5m. I transferred 5m to Slash's credits. Meiru - How do I get your prize to you?

    Overall table

    RankNamePointsParticipated in x rounds
    1.Taro Beast443
    2.Slash413
    3.Eth111372
    4.Iamtaba373
    5.FeuerKaiser|Warriors221
    6.Dump me192
    7.Rock182
    8.Luke161
    9.Lord Abigor132
    10.Meiru111
    11.Joe31

    The main battle will be between Taro and Slash. Icy and Eth at 37 points might not be completely out of the race yet, either. Might just depend on the number of entries for the last round. Who's everyone rooting for or against? Predictions on overall winner?

    Round 4 deadline is on Saturday. 15m goes to best entry that round and 25m to overall winner. There is no public vote for round 4 -- so cast your vote for this round if you've got a favourite entry. Last chance in this comp to choose a winner if you're not one of the judges.

    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 7965
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Joe on 2015-02-25, 20:13

    looks like im in the lead guys.

    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

    Posts : 2664
    Join date : 2011-11-08

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Nr on 2015-02-25, 20:16

    Joe wrote:looks like im in the lead guys.

    You're a force to reckon with with those 3 points.

    Taro beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 789
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 22
    Location : UK

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Taro beast on 2015-02-25, 20:54

    Pants - I love you so so much right now. You made up for the 1 last time round! Wink

    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 7965
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Joe on 2015-02-25, 20:55

    Nr wrote:
    Joe wrote:looks like im in the lead guys.

    You're a force to reckon with with those 3 points.

    the person with the least points wins my friend.

    so far i am in the lead.

    [Eth111]
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 821
    Join date : 2012-11-30
    Age : 16
    Location : In Your Closet

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by [Eth111] on 2015-02-26, 00:41

    Lol i quit comp. chess made taro #1 just so id lose. Mission accomplished

    Allen1
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 1016
    Join date : 2014-09-26
    Location : stro

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Allen1 on 2015-02-26, 01:22

    i want in on the next one, Nr!!!

    Rock
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 2559
    Join date : 2011-11-25
    Age : 18

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Rock on 2015-02-26, 03:12

    @ Nr , I just asked Meiru on skype he said just give it to Kimchi (Who is another friend but cora people know this dude) lol. (Meiru doesn't play rs he just wants to enter these lol)

    Meiru
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Location : Between Space and Time

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Meiru on 2015-02-26, 03:58

    I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    Zodz
    General
    General

    Posts : 4962
    Join date : 2011-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : East Coast, USA

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Zodz on 2015-02-26, 06:20

    Meiru wrote:I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    omg? Meiru is back? We need to play the new Cora Minecraft soon

    Also, last month I erased protections on chests that were over 1 year old. I don't think urs were included

    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 3368
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Location : Sinnoh

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-26, 09:31

    that feel when you'e tied with someone who played less rounds than you did

    Cannons
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 3437
    Join date : 2012-06-28
    Age : 21

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Cannons on 2015-02-26, 09:36

    Zodz wrote:
    Meiru wrote:I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    omg? Meiru is back? We need to play the new Cora Minecraft soon

    Also, last month I erased protections on chests that were over 1 year old. I don't think urs were included

    Although it's not against the rules to post off topic in this section, please use the PM button located in your notification bar.



    (Delete both of our posts Nr)

    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 3368
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Location : Sinnoh

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-26, 10:35

    ^best post of 2015

    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 3368
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Location : Sinnoh

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-26, 10:39

    btw Nr, how many entries for round 4 have been submitted as of now? only about 60 hours left.

    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

    Posts : 10740
    Join date : 2012-04-01
    Age : 20
    Location : Ali's computer

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Slash on 2015-02-26, 14:53

    taro u got the advantage, but ur still gonna get rekt

    glgl


    _________________

    By Shygodd <3
    Lel:










    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 7965
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Joe on 2015-02-26, 14:54

    Zodz wrote:
    Meiru wrote:I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    omg? Meiru is back? We need to play the new Cora Minecraft soon

    Also, last month I erased protections on chests that were over 1 year old. I don't think urs were included

    m8...

    Taro beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

    Posts : 789
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 22
    Location : UK

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Taro beast on 2015-02-26, 15:05

    Slash wrote:taro u got the advantage, but ur still gonna get rekt

    glgl

    Haha bring it on....I do have a tendency to get 1's at the moment though

    Good luck pal

    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

    Posts : 2664
    Join date : 2011-11-08

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Nr on 2015-02-26, 17:19

    Meiru wrote:I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    Not sure whether you were referencing to me or Dogs>cats... or both. Probably not just me as you were referencing to it being dropped. Well, basically, you fooled me with the anime avatar, signature, the name Azira and a katana in there. Very Happy I'm not familiar with anime, yet I considered it a safe bet. Preemptively maybe. Fantasy works...

    I'd also like to say that overall this is a community event meant for fun, not a serious literary competition run by someone with expertise and knowledge. Therefore there will certainly be cock-ups, especially when it comes to judging. You are free to disagree with anything and there's a good chance you're right. None of the judges have thorough guidelines, it's just a light event to keep the forums going.

    Iamtaba wrote:btw Nr, how many entries for round 4 have been submitted as of now? only about 60 hours left.

    Only 2 so far. Yours included.

    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 6138
    Join date : 2012-01-02
    Age : 20
    Location : The Threefold Land

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Rand al'Thor on 2015-02-27, 18:15

    Cannons wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Meiru wrote:I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    omg? Meiru is back? We need to play the new Cora Minecraft soon

    Also, last month I erased protections on chests that were over 1 year old. I don't think urs were included

    Although it's not against the rules to post off topic in this section, please use the PM button located in your notification bar.



    (Delete both of our posts Nr)
    lmao


    Joe wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:
    Spoiler:

    Nr wrote:
    Paul wrote:I know little to nothing about chess, lol...(don't kill me pants) 

    Maybe someone else could vote this round, Nr? That way it'd be fairer.
    It's okay, I don't know much of it either. Smile

    [Eth111] wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:Voting for Taro.

    (Don't understand how Pants only gave him 1... or how Eth has been doing so well, lol)
    Dont be jelly
    It's true, your story was really bad last round but it was decent the previous ones no offence. IMO
    Yet im #1 overall... #3jelly5me

    P.S. Nr i kinda forgot to send in my entry.. Am i fucked?
    #4marmelade6me No wait, that doesn't sound right... abort post. Which reminds me: shut up, Joey.

    You missed a good chance to advance your lead, but looking at how things are playing out now, you could still win the overall table with round 4.



    After Paul's points and mine:

    You have 37 points from the first two rounds, still.
    Taro has 39 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Slash has 37 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Icy has 34 +between 1-5 from Pants
    It should be pretty close between you 4.
    Im gonna have to write an epic story to win overall. Gl me ;p.
    you forgot to pay me 5m for writing for u ffs

    Kappa
    Joe wrote:bunch of tryhards xD

    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 7965
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Joe on 2015-02-27, 18:29

    Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Cannons wrote:
    Zodz wrote:
    Meiru wrote:I walked in and read that my story was an anime. So anything fiction equals anime right lol? I'm afraid to partake in round 4 because my work of fiction may be arbitrarily labeled as an anime and be dropped within the first seconds of being read.

    Sorry, I'm just ranting because I get passionate about literature. Continue with your daily lives.

    omg? Meiru is back? We need to play the new Cora Minecraft soon

    Also, last month I erased protections on chests that were over 1 year old. I don't think urs were included

    Although it's not against the rules to post off topic in this section, please use the PM button located in your notification bar.



    (Delete both of our posts Nr)
    lmao


    Joe wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:
    Spoiler:

    Nr wrote:
    Paul wrote:I know little to nothing about chess, lol...(don't kill me pants) 

    Maybe someone else could vote this round, Nr? That way it'd be fairer.
    It's okay, I don't know much of it either. Smile

    [Eth111] wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    [Eth111] wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:Voting for Taro.

    (Don't understand how Pants only gave him 1... or how Eth has been doing so well, lol)
    Dont be jelly
    It's true, your story was really bad last round but it was decent the previous ones no offence. IMO
    Yet im #1 overall... #3jelly5me

    P.S. Nr i kinda forgot to send in my entry.. Am i fucked?
    #4marmelade6me No wait, that doesn't sound right... abort post. Which reminds me: shut up, Joey.

    You missed a good chance to advance your lead, but looking at how things are playing out now, you could still win the overall table with round 4.



    After Paul's points and mine:

    You have 37 points from the first two rounds, still.
    Taro has 39 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Slash has 37 +between 1-5 from Pants
    Icy has 34 +between 1-5 from Pants
    It should be pretty close between you 4.
    Im gonna have to write an epic story to win overall. Gl me ;p.
    you forgot to pay me 5m for writing for u ffs

    Kappa
    Joe wrote:bunch of tryhards xD


    stfu rand or else.

    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

    Posts : 2664
    Join date : 2011-11-08

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Nr on 2015-02-27, 23:51

    22h left until the deadline, still time to get an entry in. No public votes at all for Round 3 so far?

    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 7965
    Join date : 2011-10-08

    Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Joe on 2015-02-28, 00:59

    Nr wrote:22h left until the deadline, still time to get an entry in. No public votes at all for Round 3 so far?

    is there still a chance i can win?

    i am a professional.

    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

    Posts : 3368
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Location : Sinnoh

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Iamtaba on 2015-02-28, 03:17

    is it still at 2 entries? :/

    Sponsored content

    Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 2017-02-27, 21:19